Poll: Should Lewandowski (Dortmund) have been sent off for elbowing Koscielny (Arsenal) in the face?
- October 23, 2013
“I think it’s harsh. We gave the ball away, and we know they are good on the counter attack. We kept them very quiet. I haven’t seen the Lewandowski incident, but there’s nothing we can do now.” – Mikel Arteta.
Arsenal incurred their first loss in this season’s Champions League losing 2-1 at home to Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday night, and Robert Lewandowski bagged the winner for the Germans. But should the Polish striker have still been on the pitch?
Midday through the second half, Lewandowski caught Koscielny with an elbow square in the chin.
Whilst it was difficult to know whether the Dortmund forward hit the Arsenal defender on purpose, the elbow didn’t look entirely accidental either. As a result, Lewandowski escaped with just a booking, but many Gunners supporters believe the incident deserved a red.
As for Koscielny, the defender had a perfect distribution night against the Germans completing 65 out of 65 passes.
So, should Lewandowski have been sent off for elbowing Koscielny? Leave your vote in the poll below.
- Lukas Podolski appears on Galatasaray TV as move from Arsenal draws near [video]
- David Seaman hails Arsenal’s capture of Petr Cech from Chelsea on Talksport [Audio]
- Former Arsenal man Gervinho demanded a helicopter & a private beach to join Al Jaz...
- Man United and Arsenal stars make up the bulk of Michael Owen’s Dream Team XI [Vi...
- Arsenal Fan TV laud the ‘massive’ signing of Petr Cech from Chelsea [Video]
- Arturo Vidal rules out moving to Arsenal because of fans’ obsession with Twitter ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi