Poll: Should Lewandowski (Dortmund) have been sent off for elbowing Koscielny (Arsenal) in the face?
- October 23, 2013
“I think it’s harsh. We gave the ball away, and we know they are good on the counter attack. We kept them very quiet. I haven’t seen the Lewandowski incident, but there’s nothing we can do now.” – Mikel Arteta.
Arsenal incurred their first loss in this season’s Champions League losing 2-1 at home to Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday night, and Robert Lewandowski bagged the winner for the Germans. But should the Polish striker have still been on the pitch?
Midday through the second half, Lewandowski caught Koscielny with an elbow square in the chin.
Whilst it was difficult to know whether the Dortmund forward hit the Arsenal defender on purpose, the elbow didn’t look entirely accidental either. As a result, Lewandowski escaped with just a booking, but many Gunners supporters believe the incident deserved a red.
As for Koscielny, the defender had a perfect distribution night against the Germans completing 65 out of 65 passes.
So, should Lewandowski have been sent off for elbowing Koscielny? Leave your vote in the poll below.
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...