Should Franck Ribery have been sent off for studding Arturo Vidal?
- April 2, 2013
An ugly mistimed tackle from Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery left Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal left in a crumpled heap during the Champions League quarterfinal on Tuesday.
In the 82nd minute, and with Bayern cruising 2-nil over the Bianconeri, Ribery grated his studs down Vidal’s calf as the Bayern forward tried to win possession for his team.
Ribery’s tackle was at best reckless, and at worst shameful and malicious.
Many felt it was deserving of a red card. Ribery got off scott-free from English referee Mark Clattenburg.
Footage of Franck Ribery studding Arturo Vidal can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...