- Cambridge hold Man United to a 0-0 draw [Official Highlights]
- Barcelona hit Elche for 6! [Highlights]
- Jose Mourinho confuses brilliant Bradford with rivals Barnsley after Chelsea defeat [video]
- Neymar & Messi scored a gorgeous 1-2 goal for Barcelona at Elche [GIF + Vine]
- Real Madrid survive Ronaldo sending off to win 2-1 at Cordoba [Highlights]
Should Franck Ribery have been sent off for studding Arturo Vidal?
An ugly mistimed tackle from Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery left Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal left in a crumpled heap during the Champions League quarterfinal on Tuesday.
In the 82nd minute, and with Bayern cruising 2-nil over the Bianconeri, Ribery grated his studs down Vidal’s calf as the Bayern forward tried to win possession for his team.
Ribery’s tackle was at best reckless, and at worst shameful and malicious.
Many felt it was deserving of a red card. Ribery got off scott-free from English referee Mark Clattenburg.
Footage of Franck Ribery studding Arturo Vidal can be seen below.
- Updated: April 2, 2013