Should Franck Ribery have been sent off for studding Arturo Vidal?
- April 2, 2013
An ugly mistimed tackle from Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery left Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal left in a crumpled heap during the Champions League quarterfinal on Tuesday.
In the 82nd minute, and with Bayern cruising 2-nil over the Bianconeri, Ribery grated his studs down Vidal’s calf as the Bayern forward tried to win possession for his team.
Ribery’s tackle was at best reckless, and at worst shameful and malicious.
Many felt it was deserving of a red card. Ribery got off scott-free from English referee Mark Clattenburg.
Footage of Franck Ribery studding Arturo Vidal can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi