- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Should Franck Ribery have been sent off for studding Arturo Vidal?
- April 2, 2013
An ugly mistimed tackle from Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery left Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal left in a crumpled heap during the Champions League quarterfinal on Tuesday.
In the 82nd minute, and with Bayern cruising 2-nil over the Bianconeri, Ribery grated his studs down Vidal’s calf as the Bayern forward tried to win possession for his team.
Ribery’s tackle was at best reckless, and at worst shameful and malicious.
Many felt it was deserving of a red card. Ribery got off scott-free from English referee Mark Clattenburg.
Footage of Franck Ribery studding Arturo Vidal can be seen below.