Should Franck Ribery have been sent off for studding Arturo Vidal?
- April 2, 2013
An ugly mistimed tackle from Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery left Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal left in a crumpled heap during the Champions League quarterfinal on Tuesday.
In the 82nd minute, and with Bayern cruising 2-nil over the Bianconeri, Ribery grated his studs down Vidal’s calf as the Bayern forward tried to win possession for his team.
Ribery’s tackle was at best reckless, and at worst shameful and malicious.
Many felt it was deserving of a red card. Ribery got off scott-free from English referee Mark Clattenburg.
Footage of Franck Ribery studding Arturo Vidal can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...