Should Fabricio Coloccini have been sent off for breaking Demba Ba’s nose?
- February 2, 2013
“I could see a red card that was not shown to Coloccini. Ba received a broken nose, it is bleeding.” – Chelsea interim boss Rafa Benitez.
It was a perfect day for Newcastle as they saw off Chelsea 3-2, continuing the French revolution surge in fortune that started at Aston Villa in midweek and former striker Demba Ba left St James’ Park with a bloody nose, literally.
Ba ran through on goal just after the half hour and saw his former team mate Tim Krul parry the ball back into his path where he fought for it with Newcastle’s want-away defender.
It bounced up, the Chelsea forward put his head in where the boots were flying and was caught by Coloccini.
After the ball had bounced past the post, the wrong side of the goal, Ba received treatment but was replaced ten minutes later by Fernando Torres.
Chelsea were rather unfortunate not to receive a penalty for this assault on Ba and how Howard Webb didn’t even brandish a yellow card to Coloccini comes as a surprise.
GIF and video below of Fabricio Coloccini breaking Demba Ba’s nose.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...