Should Fabricio Coloccini have been sent off for breaking Demba Ba’s nose?
- February 2, 2013
“I could see a red card that was not shown to Coloccini. Ba received a broken nose, it is bleeding.” – Chelsea interim boss Rafa Benitez.
It was a perfect day for Newcastle as they saw off Chelsea 3-2, continuing the French revolution surge in fortune that started at Aston Villa in midweek and former striker Demba Ba left St James’ Park with a bloody nose, literally.
Ba ran through on goal just after the half hour and saw his former team mate Tim Krul parry the ball back into his path where he fought for it with Newcastle’s want-away defender.
It bounced up, the Chelsea forward put his head in where the boots were flying and was caught by Coloccini.
After the ball had bounced past the post, the wrong side of the goal, Ba received treatment but was replaced ten minutes later by Fernando Torres.
Chelsea were rather unfortunate not to receive a penalty for this assault on Ba and how Howard Webb didn’t even brandish a yellow card to Coloccini comes as a surprise.
GIF and video below of Fabricio Coloccini breaking Demba Ba’s nose.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...