- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Should Daniel Sturridge have won a penalty for Liverpool v Southampton?
- Updated: September 22, 2013
Liverpool lost their first match of the Premier League season on Saturday when Southampton won 1-0 at Anfield, however Scouse supporters were left upset that their side didn’t win a penalty in the first half.
The action started when Daniel Sturridge picked up possession on the far right hand side, and the in-form striker immediate made moves towards the Saints box.
After putting Southampton left-back Luke Shaw on the defensive with a strong run into the box, Sturridge hit the deck after covering defender Dejan Lovren stuck out his right leg in the Saints area. Lovren didn’t make contact with the ball but he did make contact with the Liverpool attacker.
Yet referee Neil Swarbrick failed to call a penalty nor did he book Sturridge for diving. Instead he simply waved play-on, which seemed to most unlikely decision in the circumstances.
Watch footage of Daniel Sturridg’s penalty claim for Liverpool v Southampton below.