- Gaz Metan perform crazy free-kick routine in Romanian league, nearly works! [Video]
- Trollstation, the idiot pitch invaders at Spurs v Partizan, admit they are Arsenal supporters
- Angel Di Maria compares Man United’s Wayne Rooney to Lionel Messi [Daily Mail]
- Respect! Bayern’s Mario Gotze is selling his World Cup winning boot for charity [Bild]
- Man United want Real Madrid’s Carlo Ancelotti to replace Van Gaal, may offer €16m a year [Tuttosport]
Shocking: Drunk Belgian midfielder Jonathan Legear (Terek Grozny) crashes his Porsche into gas station
Don’t drink & drive!
Belgian midfielder Jonathan Legear is currently nursing a hangover and a public humiliation after the footballer was filmed on CCTV cameras crashing into a Esso (Exxon) gas station on his way home at around 5:30 on Sunday morning.
Legear, the 25-year-old Belgian international who moved to Terek Grozny from Anderlecht last summer, was back in his homeland last weekend after being given the weekend off by his current Russian employers.
Legear spent his time off by getting on the booze, and that all went pear-shaped when he reportedly mistook his brake for the gas pedal on his Porsche to send his luxury car crashing through the gas station in dramatic fashion.
As reported by Eurosport:
Belgian international footballer Jonathan Legear has said he was “only slightly” over the drink-drive limit after crashing his car into a petrol station. Amazingly only one man, a 21-year-old from Tongeren, suffered minor injuries, however Legear caused significant damage. An Esso spokesperson said: “The pump automisation has been destroyed. We estimate the amount of damage between 250,000 and 300,000 euros.”
Legear has since had his driving license revoked, and the player is likely to be charged with involuntary assault and intoxication.
Watch the crazy CCTV footage of Jonathan Legear’s drunk driving accident below.
- Updated: October 9, 2012