Nice’s Valentin Eysseric ends Jeremy Clement’s (St Etienne) season with a horror foul
- March 3, 2013
The comments of St Etienne chairman Roland Romeyer said it all.
It is terrible. This is a very serious injury. We’re all unhappy. We won 4-0 but we did not want to celebrate the victory. Jeremy Clement is being operated on. We hope that the bone that holds the foot will not be seriously damaged as this could be serious for Clement’s future… I saw the foul. I still feel sick.
Les Verts claimed all maximum points on Saturday in Ligue 1 with a 4-0 thrashing of NIce, however the game was marred by a horror injury to 28-year-old Jeremy Clement.
Clement was scythed down in the first half of the match by a high, full-bloodied challenge from Nice’s Valentin Eysseric.
Eysseric received a straight red for his terrible tackle, but that failed to stop Clement’s foot from flapping horrifically around in the air.
Not for the feint-hearted, Jeremy Clement’s season ending injury can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi