- Palermo’s Franco Vazquez scored a sweet 30-yard lob v Atalanta, in off the bar [Video]
- Awful! QPR stars Charlie Austin, Joey Barton & more tell festive jokes [Video]
- Two Sunderland fans were seen gesturing against the tribute for Newcastle fans Alder & Sweeney
- Burnley upload a unique angle of Ashley Barnes wonder strike v Tottenham [Official Video]
- Hartlepool release official statement regarding rumours surrounding Ched Evans
Nice’s Valentin Eysseric ends Jeremy Clement’s (St Etienne) season with a horror foul
The comments of St Etienne chairman Roland Romeyer said it all.
It is terrible. This is a very serious injury. We’re all unhappy. We won 4-0 but we did not want to celebrate the victory. Jeremy Clement is being operated on. We hope that the bone that holds the foot will not be seriously damaged as this could be serious for Clement’s future… I saw the foul. I still feel sick.
Les Verts claimed all maximum points on Saturday in Ligue 1 with a 4-0 thrashing of NIce, however the game was marred by a horror injury to 28-year-old Jeremy Clement.
Clement was scythed down in the first half of the match by a high, full-bloodied challenge from Nice’s Valentin Eysseric.
Eysseric received a straight red for his terrible tackle, but that failed to stop Clement’s foot from flapping horrifically around in the air.
Not for the feint-hearted, Jeremy Clement’s season ending injury can be seen below.
- Updated: March 3, 2013