Nice’s Valentin Eysseric ends Jeremy Clement’s (St Etienne) season with a horror foul
- March 3, 2013
The comments of St Etienne chairman Roland Romeyer said it all.
It is terrible. This is a very serious injury. We’re all unhappy. We won 4-0 but we did not want to celebrate the victory. Jeremy Clement is being operated on. We hope that the bone that holds the foot will not be seriously damaged as this could be serious for Clement’s future… I saw the foul. I still feel sick.
Les Verts claimed all maximum points on Saturday in Ligue 1 with a 4-0 thrashing of NIce, however the game was marred by a horror injury to 28-year-old Jeremy Clement.
Clement was scythed down in the first half of the match by a high, full-bloodied challenge from Nice’s Valentin Eysseric.
Eysseric received a straight red for his terrible tackle, but that failed to stop Clement’s foot from flapping horrifically around in the air.
Not for the feint-hearted, Jeremy Clement’s season ending injury can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...