Shocker: Inter Milan striker Diego Milito out for 9 months after knee ligament injury v Cluj
- February 14, 2013
“Unfortunately, this injury rather ruined the night. It is a lesion to the anterior cruciate ligament, damage to the collateral ligament and capsule. It is a terrible injury and totally new compared to the problems he had in the past. There’s a one per cent chance of this happening, but it happened to Diego. We now just need to know when he’ll have the operation. It’s awful news, as we all care for him as a person as well as a player. I am personally very close to him and feel so sad right now.” – Inter Milan Coach Andrea Stramaccioni.
Inter Milan’s Europa League 2-0 win over CFR Cluj on Thursday night was completely marred by the fact Diego Milito picked up a serious injury.
The 33-year-old striker fell awkwardly and his studs got caught in the San Siro turf just seven minutes into the match against Cluj.
Milito looked in obvious pain immediately and was in tears as he was stretchered off.
Footage of the Diego Milito injury, not for the squeamish, is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...