- Arsenal have bid €40m for Palermo’s Paulo Dybala, Borussia Dortmund are offering €48m [Clarin]
- Nemanja Vidic set to leave Inter Milan on loan for Juventus, not Man United [La Stampa]
- Cristiano Ronaldo has set a new trophy record during his Man United & Real Madrid career [Graphic]
- Fan Cam: Radamel Falcao’s header v Aston Villa, Man United fans go wild
- Chelsea’s Didier Drogba suspected of cheating after 2014 Miss World Netherlands drops hint
Shocker: Inter Milan striker Diego Milito out for 9 months after knee ligament injury v Cluj
“Unfortunately, this injury rather ruined the night. It is a lesion to the anterior cruciate ligament, damage to the collateral ligament and capsule. It is a terrible injury and totally new compared to the problems he had in the past. There’s a one per cent chance of this happening, but it happened to Diego. We now just need to know when he’ll have the operation. It’s awful news, as we all care for him as a person as well as a player. I am personally very close to him and feel so sad right now.” - Inter Milan Coach Andrea Stramaccioni.
Inter Milan’s Europa League 2-0 win over CFR Cluj on Thursday night was completely marred by the fact Diego Milito picked up a serious injury.
The 33-year-old striker fell awkwardly and his studs got caught in the San Siro turf just seven minutes into the match against Cluj.
Milito looked in obvious pain immediately and was in tears as he was stretchered off.
Footage of the Diego Milito injury, not for the squeamish, is below.
- Updated: February 14, 2013