Shocker! Glenn Howes’ (Poole Town) career maybe over after a terrible tackle in the non-league
- February 20, 2013
We wish Poole Town midfielder Glenn Howes all the best.
A horrible, horrible tackle was recorded on camera last weekend in the non-league as Glenn Howes was taken out by a terrible challenge from Merthyr Town’s Nathan Davies.
Davies was served with an immediate red card after he scythed down Howes with a nasty collision that left Poole player with cartilage and ligament injuries.
Poole boss Tom Killick called Davies’ tackle “extremely reckless and unnecessary,” and after watching the footage it is hard to disagree.
Yet Davies has received a limited defence from Merthyr chairman Meurig Price
The tackle was a foul and it was a sending off. But it wasn’t as bad as it looked. Nathan said it was a clash of shins. He said he didn’t go in with his studs showing. Nathan is not that kind of player and would never go into a tackle to hurt another player.
Watch the shocking challenge on Glenn Howes below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi