- MOTD3 panel discuss Arsenal’s defending & Arsene Wenger’s future at the club [Video]
- Which player has covered the most distance in a Premier League 2014/2015 match?!
- Lionel Messi is 15th & Cristiano Ronaldo is 8th in top 5 leagues all-time top scorers. Spurs’ Greaves #1
- Touching! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s brilliant comeback for Bayern Munich v Hoffenheim [Official Video]
- Rayo Vallecano help relocate & pay lifetime rent an 85-year-old grandma who was made homeless
Shocker! Glenn Howes’ (Poole Town) career maybe over after a terrible tackle in the non-league
We wish Poole Town midfielder Glenn Howes all the best.
A horrible, horrible tackle was recorded on camera last weekend in the non-league as Glenn Howes was taken out by a terrible challenge from Merthyr Town’s Nathan Davies.
Davies was served with an immediate red card after he scythed down Howes with a nasty collision that left Poole player with cartilage and ligament injuries.
Poole boss Tom Killick called Davies’ tackle “extremely reckless and unnecessary,” and after watching the footage it is hard to disagree.
Yet Davies has received a limited defence from Merthyr chairman Meurig Price
The tackle was a foul and it was a sending off. But it wasn’t as bad as it looked. Nathan said it was a clash of shins. He said he didn’t go in with his studs showing. Nathan is not that kind of player and would never go into a tackle to hurt another player.
Watch the shocking challenge on Glenn Howes below.
- Updated: February 20, 2013