- Brilliant video! PSG’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic picks all time XI ft. adjective for each player [Video]
- Thomas Vermaelen to undergo surgery – Barcelona defender out for 5 MONTHS [Sport]
- Legend! Burnley’s Danny Ings launches incredible disability project; Funds it all himself [Video]
- Manuel Pellegrini: My Man City team never know when they are beaten!
- Southampton’s Pablo Osvaldo pranks Inter’s Gary Medel with an exploding pen [Video]
Shinji Kagawa tells reporters to ask Moyes why he isn’t playing for Man United after Ghana win [Individual highlights]
Shinji Kagawa has commented on his lack of playing time at Manchester United this season.
Kagawa played 85 minutes in Japan’s 3-1 comeback win against Ghana on Tuesday: a match in which the Man United forward found the back of the net to level the match 1-1.
After a cameo performance in the Community Shield, the Japanese midfielder has not featured at all on the pitch for the Reds this season, with David Moyes saying that Nani was preferred on the bench for the defeat at Liverpool.
Now Kagawa has told reporters to stop asking him about why he isn’t playing in the Premier League, and instead direct such question to the Manchester United manager.
Please ask David Moyes why I’m not in the side. It is frustrating not playing but to score a goal like that gives me confidence. Hopefully I can take that back to my club with me and things will improve.
It’s hard not playing regularly. Some days the frustration is worse than others – it comes in waves. So it’s nice to come back to Japan and get to play, and to score felt good. I missed one in the first half tonight so when the chance opened up in the second for me to shoot I wanted to take it on.
It’s nice to feel support but I have to do my talking on the pitch. When I get back to my club I have to wait for my chance in the Champions League and the Premier League. I’m sure my chance will come.
Footage of Shinji Kagawa’s individual highlights v Ghana below.
- Updated: September 11, 2013