Shinji Kagawa tells reporters to ask Moyes why he isn’t playing for Man United after Ghana win [Individual highlights]
Shinji Kagawa has commented on his lack of playing time at Manchester United this season.
Kagawa played 85 minutes in Japan’s 3-1 comeback win against Ghana on Tuesday: a match in which the Man United forward found the back of the net to level the match 1-1.
After a cameo performance in the Community Shield, the Japanese midfielder has not featured at all on the pitch for the Reds this season, with David Moyes saying that Nani was preferred on the bench for the defeat at Liverpool.
Now Kagawa has told reporters to stop asking him about why he isn’t playing in the Premier League, and instead direct such question to the Manchester United manager.
Please ask David Moyes why I’m not in the side. It is frustrating not playing but to score a goal like that gives me confidence. Hopefully I can take that back to my club with me and things will improve.
It’s hard not playing regularly. Some days the frustration is worse than others – it comes in waves. So it’s nice to come back to Japan and get to play, and to score felt good. I missed one in the first half tonight so when the chance opened up in the second for me to shoot I wanted to take it on.
It’s nice to feel support but I have to do my talking on the pitch. When I get back to my club I have to wait for my chance in the Champions League and the Premier League. I’m sure my chance will come.
Footage of Shinji Kagawa’s individual highlights v Ghana below.
Watch Live Stream
- Bizarre: Godzilla takes a penalty in Japan before J-League match (Video)July 24, 2016
- Leicester forward Shinji Okazaki scored a lovely goal for Japan v Afghanistan (Video)March 24, 2016
- Dancing feet: Borussia Dortmund’s Shinji Kagawa scores tremendous goal for Japan (Video)September 8, 2015
- Japan’s Shinji Kagawa misses open goal from 5 yards out v Cambodia (Video)September 4, 2015
- Man United told Spurs that Schneiderlin wasn’t for sale after enquiry last week [Times]August 31, 2016
- The 10 most Tweeted about transfers in the summer window ft. Man United & ArsenalAugust 31, 2016
- Isco deal off as Spurs make move for Man United’s Morgan SchneiderlinAugust 31, 2016
- Eric Bailly’s awesome celebration for Man United winner at Hull (official video)August 31, 2016
- Shinji Kagawa on how he helped Marco Reus feature on the global cover of FIFA 17 (Video)July 23, 2016
- Shinji Kagawa’s sublime chip for Borussia Dortmund in the derby v Schalke (Video)April 10, 2016
- Shinji Kagawa took part in an adorable football event on Christmas Eve for Japanese kids (Video)December 27, 2015
- Man United old boys Shinji Kagawa & Chicharito score in the German Cup (Videos)October 28, 2015