Shinji Kagawa blames poor Japan form down to lack of Man United playing time
- October 17, 2013
Already qualified for the 2014 World Cup, Shinji Kagawa and his Japan team mates played two low-key friendlies against Serbia and Belarus over the last week.
Japan lost both games, 2-0 to Serbia on Friday night followed by a 1-0 loss to Belarus in two very underwhelming matches for the Blue Samurai.
Kagawa played all but four minutes of the two international friendlies and by all accounts the Manchester United attacker was rather disappointing.
Predictably, Kagawa has linked his form for Japan with the much publicised lack of playing time under David Moyes at Manchester United.
Saying: “There’s a matter of fitness and there’s also that atmosphere of playing for my country. It’s different from the atmosphere at United, but you still get a good feel for being on the pitch when you play regularly.”
Kagawa added: “”Maybe it’s because I’m not used to being on the pitch of late, but I didn’t feel like I was able to enter these two games properly. During tough times like these I have to improve myself. Personally, I felt strongly after these two matches (against Serbia and Belarus) that I need to play more and, as a team, there are many things we need to do.”
Shinji Kagawa’s individual highlights against Serbia and Belarus are on the videos below.
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- Gaku Shibasaki’s Japan teammate really didn’t want to steal his goal versus...
- Toshihiro Aoyama nets first ever Japan goal with incredible 35 yard golazo v Uzbekistan...
- Keisuke Honda scores and assists for Japan in 2-0 win over Tunisia [Highlights]
- Incredible miss! Keisuke Honda ruins Japan team move by hitting post with goal gaping [...
- Neymar-mania! Fans go crazy for Brazil attacker in Japan [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi