Sheffield Wednesday fans sing for Jonny Eales, responding to one fan’s request to sing for ill father [Video]
- April 23, 2014
This is a heartwarming example of footballing fraternity.
Sheffield Wednesday supporter Chris Ealses posted an online request to his fellow fans to sing for his father in their game against Charlton, who is sadly terminally ill.
Chris’ satatement read: “I will be bringing my dad on Monday for what will most probably be his last ever game, he is now in a wheelchair and we will be in the very right hand corner of the north stand disabled area.
“My dad is a real true Wednesdayite and has supported since the early 60s and despite living in Coventry has held a season ticket for over four decades following the team all over.
“For a dying owl to hear his name sung by the kop at what could well be his last game would just really be amazing for him.”
His fellow Owls duly responded with a lovely singsong for Eales Senior, and the picture below shows just how grateful he was for the gesture.
- Bournemouth v Sheffield Wednesday: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- Norwich 2 – Sheffield Wednesday 0: Bradley Johnson lifts the Canaries into 2nd [O...
- Wednesday’s Matt Penney scored a Maradona-esque solo golazo v Sheffield United in...
- Man United loanee Will Keane scored a lovely goal for Sheffield Wednesday [Official Video]
- Chelsea starlet Lewis Baker scores quality free-kick in Sheff Wed training
- Emile Heskey bags assist for Bolton at Sheffield Wednesday [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi