Sheffield Wednesday fans sing for Jonny Eales, responding to one fan’s request to sing for ill father [Video]
- April 23, 2014
This is a heartwarming example of footballing fraternity.
Sheffield Wednesday supporter Chris Ealses posted an online request to his fellow fans to sing for his father in their game against Charlton, who is sadly terminally ill.
Chris’ satatement read: “I will be bringing my dad on Monday for what will most probably be his last ever game, he is now in a wheelchair and we will be in the very right hand corner of the north stand disabled area.
“My dad is a real true Wednesdayite and has supported since the early 60s and despite living in Coventry has held a season ticket for over four decades following the team all over.
“For a dying owl to hear his name sung by the kop at what could well be his last game would just really be amazing for him.”
His fellow Owls duly responded with a lovely singsong for Eales Senior, and the picture below shows just how grateful he was for the gesture.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...