Sheffield Wednesday fans sing for Jonny Eales, responding to one fan’s request to sing for ill father [Video]
- April 23, 2014
This is a heartwarming example of footballing fraternity.
Sheffield Wednesday supporter Chris Ealses posted an online request to his fellow fans to sing for his father in their game against Charlton, who is sadly terminally ill.
Chris’ satatement read: “I will be bringing my dad on Monday for what will most probably be his last ever game, he is now in a wheelchair and we will be in the very right hand corner of the north stand disabled area.
“My dad is a real true Wednesdayite and has supported since the early 60s and despite living in Coventry has held a season ticket for over four decades following the team all over.
“For a dying owl to hear his name sung by the kop at what could well be his last game would just really be amazing for him.”
His fellow Owls duly responded with a lovely singsong for Eales Senior, and the picture below shows just how grateful he was for the gesture.
- Burnley v Sheffield Wednesday: Watch a Live Stream
- Goal of the season contender from Sheffield Wednesday’s Marco Matias v Leeds (Off...
- Leeds v Sheff Wed: Watch a Live Stream
- Sheff Wed v Bristol City
- Bournemouth v Sheffield Wednesday: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- Norwich 2 – Sheffield Wednesday 0: Bradley Johnson lifts the Canaries into 2nd [O...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...