- Tottenham v Partizan [Team Sheets]
- Manchester United midfielder Ashley Young: We’re going for the title
- Arsenal injury list piles up as club have nine players sidelined [Graphic]
- Back Chelsea at a massive 9/2 to beat Sunderland on Saturday!
- Full Time DEVILS predict the Manchester United starting line-up against Hull [Video]
Sheffield Wednesday fans sing for Jonny Eales, responding to one fan’s request to sing for ill father [Video]
This is a heartwarming example of footballing fraternity.
Sheffield Wednesday supporter Chris Ealses posted an online request to his fellow fans to sing for his father in their game against Charlton, who is sadly terminally ill.
Chris’ satatement read: “I will be bringing my dad on Monday for what will most probably be his last ever game, he is now in a wheelchair and we will be in the very right hand corner of the north stand disabled area.
“My dad is a real true Wednesdayite and has supported since the early 60s and despite living in Coventry has held a season ticket for over four decades following the team all over.
“For a dying owl to hear his name sung by the kop at what could well be his last game would just really be amazing for him.”
His fellow Owls duly responded with a lovely singsong for Eales Senior, and the picture below shows just how grateful he was for the gesture.
- Updated: April 23, 2014