Shane Long signs four year deal with Southampton after completing £12 million move from Hull
- August 14, 2014
Shane Long has completed a move to Southampton from Hull, signing a four year contract with Ronald Koeman’s side.
The Irish striker cost the club an estimated £12 million just six months after he moved from West Brom to Hull for an estimated £4m, with the fee potentially rising to £7m. West Brom will receive around £400,000 as part of the deal to take him to Saint Mary’s.
Long impressed for Hull when he made the switch to the club in January but only scored four goals in 15 appearances, hardly the kind of ratio which provokes a fee of this size.
The forward has 11 goals in 47 appearances at International level.
— Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) August 14, 2014
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...