- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Shakhtar close in on alleged Arsenal target Bernard, Porto second favourites
- Updated: July 30, 2013
Was it really just a week ago that L’Equipe claimed Atletico Mineiro winger Bernard would be having a medical at the Emirates last Friday?
For a couple of days, various reports suggested Arsenal were the favourites to sign the Brazilian starlet, as it stands, the Gunners appear to be nowhere in the race for Bernard.
Various Brazilian reports on Tuesday confirm that Bernard is close to an exit from the Copa Libertadores champions with Shakhtar Donetsk the strong favourites and Porto the other major European side most likely to sign the 20-year-old.
Bernard has all but admitted he will play his final game for Atletico Mineiro on Wednesday evening in the Campeonato Brasileiro match versus Atletico-PR.
Shakhtar are understood to have bid 23 million euros for Bernard, which is more than Porto. Last weekend, there were suggestions Brazil team mate Hulk had persuaded the youngster to move to Porto.
In most of the biggest portals in Brazil (e.g. Globosporte and Esporte) Arsenal are simply not mentioned as even a possibility.
On moving abroad, Bernard said on Monday: “I’m more afraid than excited. A new story, new language… So, I will have to adapt, it is natural. I talked to some players and they say that it is all natural.”
He also confirmed that “the farewell match will be on Wednesday.”