Sevilla’s Alberto Moreno declines to discuss Liverpool, only focusing on Super Cup v Real Madrid [Video]
- June 6, 2014
Several serious Spanish media outlets yesterday reported that Sevilla full-back Alberto Moreno had agreed a 5 year deal with Liverpool, to the tune of 22 million euros.
Asked about the agreement at a Danone press conference today, the full-back plead the Fifth, and declined to discuss any move, avoiding even mentioning the word ‘Liverpool’.
Moreno said his only focus is on the Super Cup against Real Madrid, which Sevilla will play in August having won the Europa League.
Asked about whether Rakitic would also be playing that game, Moreno said: ‘Hopefully. He’s a top player and person.’
Moreno emphasized the importance of winning a second title, which would make a great year even better, in an attempt to dampen the hype around his very probable move to Merseyside.
It’s worth noting that Moreno could easily play the Super Cup and still move to Liverpool without any issue, so this doesn’t really change anything, other than that the parties may decide to delay the transaction so that Moreno can play against Madrid.
Video below (in Spanish).
- Diego Costa reveals how Chelsea urged him to reject Liverpool in 2013
- Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli performs acrobatics in his garden [Instagram video]
- Liverpool’s Andre Wisdom gives his first interview after joining Norwich on loan ...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Brazilian midfielder Allan Rodrigues de Souza spotted at Liverpool training
- Rio Ferdinand trolls disloyal Drake for wearing Man United & Liverpool kits [Insta...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi