- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
- Rio Ferdinand dresses as Santa, tells people not to drink too much over Christmas [Instagram]
- The FIFA 2015 HONEST trailer is Awesome!!! [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s Christmas message features some cracking recent Man United goals!
- Neymar bleaches his beard white for Christmas!
Sevilla pressed into action to buy PSG’s Kevin Gameiro after Liverpool lodge interest [Marca]
Marca have name-dropped Liverpool into an article focusing on Sevilla’s pursuit of French striker Kevin Gameiro.
The Andalusians are in the market for a new goal-getter after Alvaro Negredo’s £20m move to Manchester City, and according to widespread reports PSG attacker Gameiro is Sevilla’s prime target.
Marca now say though that Sevilla have a fight on their hands to land the striker, as “Gameiro has made a commitment to Liverpool and the English club has an agreement with PSG”.
Unfortunately Marca fail to elaborate on the details on any agreement between PSG, Liverpool and Gameiro, and the overriding sense is that the Anfielders’ name has been tossed into the mix in order to up Sevilla’s urgency in getting the deal for Gameiro done before someone else makes a similar move.
Gameiro, 26, came to prominence at Lorient where he scored 50 goals in 108 games between 2008-11. For the past two seasons Gameiro has been at PSG after an €11 million move, and the attacker has bagged 19 goals in 59 games for the reigning Ligue 1 champions.
Gameiro, who has a contract with PSG until 2015, now looks surplus to requirements at the Parc de Princes after PSG signed Edinson Cavani from Napoli to boost a strikerforce that includes Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Ezequiel Lavezzi.
- Updated: July 18, 2013