Sevilla pressed into action to buy PSG’s Kevin Gameiro after Liverpool lodge interest [Marca]
- July 18, 2013
Marca have name-dropped Liverpool into an article focusing on Sevilla’s pursuit of French striker Kevin Gameiro.
The Andalusians are in the market for a new goal-getter after Alvaro Negredo’s £20m move to Manchester City, and according to widespread reports PSG attacker Gameiro is Sevilla’s prime target.
Marca now say though that Sevilla have a fight on their hands to land the striker, as “Gameiro has made a commitment to Liverpool and the English club has an agreement with PSG”.
Unfortunately Marca fail to elaborate on the details on any agreement between PSG, Liverpool and Gameiro, and the overriding sense is that the Anfielders’ name has been tossed into the mix in order to up Sevilla’s urgency in getting the deal for Gameiro done before someone else makes a similar move.
Gameiro, 26, came to prominence at Lorient where he scored 50 goals in 108 games between 2008-11. For the past two seasons Gameiro has been at PSG after an €11 million move, and the attacker has bagged 19 goals in 59 games for the reigning Ligue 1 champions.
Gameiro, who has a contract with PSG until 2015, now looks surplus to requirements at the Parc de Princes after PSG signed Edinson Cavani from Napoli to boost a strikerforce that includes Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Ezequiel Lavezzi.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...