Seven German players complaining of flu symptoms just a day before the France quarterfinal [Bild]
- July 3, 2014
It’s started with Mats Hummels, and now it’s spread.
Hummels, the Borussia Dortmund centre-half, missed the last-16 match with Algeria due to sickness, and now Germany manager Jogi Low have admitted the sickness has spread to seven players, who have largely remained nameless.
Bild, however quote coach Andreas Koepke confirming that midfielder Christoph Kramer has “slight chills”.
Kramer’s absence would be a loss for the Mannschaft after the 23-year-old defensive midfielder for Borussia Monchengladbach was drafted into the side against the Algerians, and his involvement is seen as key in Germany’s wilting squad.
Low told reporters:
Seven players are slightly ill with flu symptoms. It is not that bad at the moment and it could be partly about air conditioning, the travel, temperature differences.
I do not want to make a drama of it. We hope the situation will ease.
The news comes at a terrible time for Germany, just one day before their quarterfinal match with in-form France.
- Leaked: Germany’s Pyjama-style away shirt for Euro 2016
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil pays for 11 more operations for sick Brazilian children [Quotes]
- Amazing: Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller trolls Brazil a year on from the 7-1 defea...
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Classic Clip: Brazil legend Pele nutmegs one of the best defenders ever, Franz Beckenba...
- Germany U21 boss: Liverpool assured me that Emre Can will assume Steven Gerrard’s...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi