- A defender in Sweden headbutts the crossbar after conceding a goal [Videos]
- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
Seven German players complaining of flu symptoms just a day before the France quarterfinal [Bild]
- July 3, 2014
It’s started with Mats Hummels, and now it’s spread.
Hummels, the Borussia Dortmund centre-half, missed the last-16 match with Algeria due to sickness, and now Germany manager Jogi Low have admitted the sickness has spread to seven players, who have largely remained nameless.
Bild, however quote coach Andreas Koepke confirming that midfielder Christoph Kramer has “slight chills”.
Kramer’s absence would be a loss for the Mannschaft after the 23-year-old defensive midfielder for Borussia Monchengladbach was drafted into the side against the Algerians, and his involvement is seen as key in Germany’s wilting squad.
Low told reporters:
Seven players are slightly ill with flu symptoms. It is not that bad at the moment and it could be partly about air conditioning, the travel, temperature differences.
I do not want to make a drama of it. We hope the situation will ease.
The news comes at a terrible time for Germany, just one day before their quarterfinal match with in-form France.