Sergio Ramos shows penalty prowess with cheeky panenkas against Spain teammate David De Gea [Video]
- June 5, 2014
Whereas he was once mocked widely for the penalty he sent into orbit in the 2012 Champions League semi-final shoot-out against Bayern Munich, Sergio Ramos seems to revel in having the last laugh.
Here he shows how much he’s improved with a couple of panenkas past Spain colleague David De Gea.
This season he got his revenge on Bayern Munich by scoring twice against them in the 5-0 aggregate rout in this year’s semi-finals.
As well as this, he made it up to Real Madrid fans even further with a last minute header in the final to keep Real in the tie and fatally deflate Atletico Madrid.
Surely the World Cup will throw up an opportunity for Ramos to step up to the spot and rewrite how he’s remembered in relation to penalties. Watch this space.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]