Sergio Ramos picks up the fastest double booking in Real Madrid history
- February 18, 2013
“It’s easy to send off Sergio Ramos. It’s worrying.” – Sergio Ramos.
In the space of six minutes on Sunday night, Sergio Ramos went from hero to zero in spectacular fashion.
On 12 minutes, Sergio Ramos headed Real Madrid into a 2-0 lead after a typical lightning start from Jose Mourinho’s side.
On 17 minutes, Sergio Ramos picked up his first booking for two fouls on Leo Baptistao and Roberto Trashorras.
On 18 minutes, just over 40 seconds after his first booking, Sergio Ramos handled a cross from the left hand side and referee José Paradas flashed a second yellow.
Unsurprisingly this has gone down as the fastest double booking in Real Madrid history. Surely also in La Liga?
It was the 17th time Sergio Ramos has been sent off in Spanish football during his career. The record stands at 18.
At just 26-years-old it is almost a certainty that Sergio Ramos will break the record!
Footage of his lightning two booking sending off is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...