Sergio Ramos is gutted Arsenal bought Mesut Özil, tweets picture of German’s last Real shirt
- September 4, 2013
Arsenal’s gain is Madrid loss.
Sergio Ramos seems to be struggling with the fact Mesut Özil is no longer a Real Madrid player.
Ramos has been very vocal about his opinions on Özil’s move to Arsenal, and the Spanish international defender has lamented to sale of the German to Arsene Wenger’s team. Ramos has told reporters:
It’s obvious [Özil] is a special teammate and friend. I’ve always had a real friendship with him, and it’s a shame. He’s a great footballer, unique.
Everyone is free to choose the best for themselves, but if I were to decide what was happening at Madrid he would be one of the last who would be going. But he has decided, and the club too. We have a great team, and I hope it will be a big year [for us].
Aside from those quotes, Ramos has tweeted out a picture of Mesut Özil’s last worn shirt for Real Madrid, signed Para mi hermano, Sergio R4 (“For my brother Sergio R4″).
The picture of Ramos with Mesut Özil’s shirt is below.
- Arsenal v Chelsea: Watch a Live Stream of the Community Shield (available UK)
- Alexis Sanchez’s slow motion beach training videos are crying out for an ’8...
- Arsenal fan corrects Manchester United website over erroneous FA Cup record claim
- Santi Cazorla & Nicklas Bendtner had a great laugh together in tunnel before Emira...
- Harry Kane & Wayne Rooney star in a new Premier League hype video, including Arsen...
- Twitter trolls target Hulk Hogan with pictures of Man United & Arsenal players [Tw...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi