- Hulk scored a belting volley to put Zenit 1-0 up v Kuban Krasnodar [video]
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic scores a long range stunner for the B team v Ponferradina [Video]
- Team Sheets: Arsenal v Manchester United
- Mark Lawrenson: ‘Dave Whelan should stand down as Wigan chairman’ [Video]
- Dortmund’s Marco Reus has his ankle bent in a grim injury, likely out for Arsenal game [Pictures]
Sergio Ramos is gutted Arsenal bought Mesut Özil, tweets picture of German’s last Real shirt
Arsenal’s gain is Madrid loss.
Sergio Ramos seems to be struggling with the fact Mesut Özil is no longer a Real Madrid player.
Ramos has been very vocal about his opinions on Özil’s move to Arsenal, and the Spanish international defender has lamented to sale of the German to Arsene Wenger’s team. Ramos has told reporters:
It’s obvious [Özil] is a special teammate and friend. I’ve always had a real friendship with him, and it’s a shame. He’s a great footballer, unique.
Everyone is free to choose the best for themselves, but if I were to decide what was happening at Madrid he would be one of the last who would be going. But he has decided, and the club too. We have a great team, and I hope it will be a big year [for us].
Aside from those quotes, Ramos has tweeted out a picture of Mesut Özil’s last worn shirt for Real Madrid, signed Para mi hermano, Sergio R4 (“For my brother Sergio R4″).
The picture of Ramos with Mesut Özil’s shirt is below.
- Updated: September 4, 2013