Sergio Ramos is gutted Arsenal bought Mesut Özil, tweets picture of German’s last Real shirt
- September 4, 2013
Arsenal’s gain is Madrid loss.
Sergio Ramos seems to be struggling with the fact Mesut Özil is no longer a Real Madrid player.
Ramos has been very vocal about his opinions on Özil’s move to Arsenal, and the Spanish international defender has lamented to sale of the German to Arsene Wenger’s team. Ramos has told reporters:
It’s obvious [Özil] is a special teammate and friend. I’ve always had a real friendship with him, and it’s a shame. He’s a great footballer, unique.
Everyone is free to choose the best for themselves, but if I were to decide what was happening at Madrid he would be one of the last who would be going. But he has decided, and the club too. We have a great team, and I hope it will be a big year [for us].
Aside from those quotes, Ramos has tweeted out a picture of Mesut Özil’s last worn shirt for Real Madrid, signed Para mi hermano, Sergio R4 (“For my brother Sergio R4″).
The picture of Ramos with Mesut Özil’s shirt is below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...