- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus is fined €540,000 for driving without a licence [Bild]
- Real Sociedad 2 – Real Oviedo 0: Finnbogason stars for David Moyes’ men [Highlights]
- Jokes! Wealdstone Raider releases “You’ve Got No Fans”; All proceeds go to charity [Video]
- 10 Liverpool outfield players produced 52 passes for Raheem Sterling’s opener v Bournemouth [Video]
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard is top of the Man City minutes per goal/assist chart [Graphic]
Serge Gnabry’s excellent performance for Arsenal v Tottenham [Individual highlights]
18-year-old Serge Gnabry was drafted into the Arsenal starting XI for the FA Cup match against Tottenham on Saturday, and the young German didn’t disappoint.
Gnabry shone brightly in the first half.
Playing in an advanced position in the centre and centre-right of midfielder, the teenager showed vision and ambition as he repeatedly helped build attacks and goal threats for the Gunners.
Not everything Gnabry tried succeeded, however the young Gunner noticeably knocked Spurs players Eriksen and Chiriches off the ball in separate challenges, while he produced a perfectly weighed through-ball for Santi Cazorla to fire home the opener.
Gnabry’s influence lessened slightly in the second half, however he still did enough to catch the eye.
Rarely did Arsenal’s #44 give the ball away, while he forged two clear cut goalscoring chances which on another day would have made more goals.
Watch Serge Gnabry’s excellent performance for Arsenal v Tottenham below.
- Updated: January 5, 2014