- Flashback Friday! Caller can’t understand why (Finnish) goalkeeper Antti Niemi hasn’t been called up for Scotland
- Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers tries his luck on Mastermind [Parody Video]
- Falcao squeezes Marouane Fellaini’s afro as Juan Mata posts that United’s Spanish-speaking contingent are ready for Hull
- Arsenal on verge of signing 15-year-old Real Madrid starlet Gorka Zabarte Moreno [Marca]
- Bayern midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger’s return from injury against Hoffenheim [Bundesliga Video]
Serge Gnabry’s excellent performance for Arsenal v Tottenham [Individual highlights]
18-year-old Serge Gnabry was drafted into the Arsenal starting XI for the FA Cup match against Tottenham on Saturday, and the young German didn’t disappoint.
Gnabry shone brightly in the first half.
Playing in an advanced position in the centre and centre-right of midfielder, the teenager showed vision and ambition as he repeatedly helped build attacks and goal threats for the Gunners.
Not everything Gnabry tried succeeded, however the young Gunner noticeably knocked Spurs players Eriksen and Chiriches off the ball in separate challenges, while he produced a perfectly weighed through-ball for Santi Cazorla to fire home the opener.
Gnabry’s influence lessened slightly in the second half, however he still did enough to catch the eye.
Rarely did Arsenal’s #44 give the ball away, while he forged two clear cut goalscoring chances which on another day would have made more goals.
Watch Serge Gnabry’s excellent performance for Arsenal v Tottenham below.
- Updated: January 5, 2014