- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Serge Aurier’s agent denies Arsenal deal is done, claims Liverpool are interested [RMC]
Serge Aurier looks like the most likely replacement for Bacary Sagna at Arsenal.
The Toulouse right back was hugely impressive during 2013/2014 and at just 21 would fit the bill as a player Arsene Wenger often plucks from Ligue 1.
Aurier himself has hardly distanced himself from a move to the Emirates in recent days.
But, Aurier’s agent has distanced the full back from a move to Arsenal, denying a deal with the north London side is done, in an interview with French radio station RMC yesterday.
Stéphane Courbis: “There is no agreement with Arsenal. We’ve talked in past but there has been nothing recently. We’re in talks with another English side.”
The French press have suggested the other English team is Liverpool although this seems hugely unlikely.
Liverpool are closing in on Alberto Moreno, the Sevilla left back, which would give them two right backs in Glen Johnson and Jon Flanagan – plenty of cover in Aurier’s position.
- Updated: June 3, 2014