Serge Aurier’s agent denies Arsenal deal is done, claims Liverpool are interested [RMC]
- June 3, 2014
Serge Aurier looks like the most likely replacement for Bacary Sagna at Arsenal.
The Toulouse right back was hugely impressive during 2013/2014 and at just 21 would fit the bill as a player Arsene Wenger often plucks from Ligue 1.
Aurier himself has hardly distanced himself from a move to the Emirates in recent days.
But, Aurier’s agent has distanced the full back from a move to Arsenal, denying a deal with the north London side is done, in an interview with French radio station RMC yesterday.
Stéphane Courbis: “There is no agreement with Arsenal. We’ve talked in past but there has been nothing recently. We’re in talks with another English side.”
The French press have suggested the other English team is Liverpool although this seems hugely unlikely.
Liverpool are closing in on Alberto Moreno, the Sevilla left back, which would give them two right backs in Glen Johnson and Jon Flanagan – plenty of cover in Aurier’s position.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...