- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Sensational! Chelsea close in on Liverpool striker Luis Suarez for €40m [AS]
Last night the rumours flying were that Luis Suarez was heading to Arsenal, tonight Madrid-based paper AS seem pretty certain the Liverpool striker is about to sign for Chelsea.
In the last few hours rumours have grown that PSG are set to buy Edinson Cavani from Napoli for a massive 62 million euro fee – leaving Chelsea still on the search for a big name striker.
AS suggest that Chelsea will beat Real Madrid to the signing of Luis Suarez and the fee of 40 million euros as well as what looks set to be an acrimonious move, will hark back to when the Blues signed Fernando Torres from the Mersyside giants.
Suarez will earn 5.5 million euros a season at Stamford Bridge, with the deal negotiated by his agent Pere Guardiola, brother of Pep.
AS also add that Fernando Torres is expected to remain at Chelsea and provide further options for Jose Mourinho next season.
Liverpool fans have long argued in recent weeks that Luis Suarez will not move to another English club, such is his angst towards the media in the UK.
Suarez would undoubtedly link up well with the likes of Oscar, Juan Mata and Eden Hazard at Chelsea but if this deal were to go through it would leave serious doubts as to whether Liverpool can challenge for a top four spot next season.
In addition, it would be unlikely that Chelsea would make a move for Wayne Rooney.
Finally, and most intriguingly of all, Suarez would link up with Branislav Ivanovic, who he famously bit in his last game for Liverpool.
- Updated: July 4, 2013