Sensational! Chelsea close in on Liverpool striker Luis Suarez for €40m [AS]
- July 4, 2013
Last night the rumours flying were that Luis Suarez was heading to Arsenal, tonight Madrid-based paper AS seem pretty certain the Liverpool striker is about to sign for Chelsea.
In the last few hours rumours have grown that PSG are set to buy Edinson Cavani from Napoli for a massive 62 million euro fee – leaving Chelsea still on the search for a big name striker.
AS suggest that Chelsea will beat Real Madrid to the signing of Luis Suarez and the fee of 40 million euros as well as what looks set to be an acrimonious move, will hark back to when the Blues signed Fernando Torres from the Mersyside giants.
Suarez will earn 5.5 million euros a season at Stamford Bridge, with the deal negotiated by his agent Pere Guardiola, brother of Pep.
AS also add that Fernando Torres is expected to remain at Chelsea and provide further options for Jose Mourinho next season.
Liverpool fans have long argued in recent weeks that Luis Suarez will not move to another English club, such is his angst towards the media in the UK.
Suarez would undoubtedly link up well with the likes of Oscar, Juan Mata and Eden Hazard at Chelsea but if this deal were to go through it would leave serious doubts as to whether Liverpool can challenge for a top four spot next season.
In addition, it would be unlikely that Chelsea would make a move for Wayne Rooney.
Finally, and most intriguingly of all, Suarez would link up with Branislav Ivanovic, who he famously bit in his last game for Liverpool.
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho explains the rules of the transfer window to Everton (Video)
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on Chelsea’s pursuit of John Stones (Video)
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa enjoys watching porn movies with friends [Art Of War]
- Chelsea agree terms with Baba Rahman, negotiating fee with Augsburg (Di Marzio)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi