Selangor & Lebanon’s star defender Ramez Dayoub is banned for life for match fixing
- February 28, 2013
Lebanese international Ramez Dayoub, who played his club football for Malaysian powerhouse Selangor, has been banned for life by Lebanon’s FA for alleged match-fixing in a world cup qualifier against Qatar.
The evidence against Dayoub seems damning.
Back in June 2012 the Cedars suffered a shock 1-0 home defeat to Qatar, and the only goal of the game came from a shocking misplaced backpass from Dayoub. That backpass, it is now alleged, was far from accidental.
Lebanon coach Theo Bucker has Sport 360:
Personally I’m very disappointed with a couple of guys I really trusted. Ramez was a senior player, he was a player who, after the game my wife said he did something very bad, I stood up for and told her she must be mad, I put my hand in the fire for him.
It’s a funny world we live in, what to do? For us this situation was clear a few months ago, directly after the first match against Qatar. By watching the film, you can tell by watching our friend Ramez he tried several times to play the striker through on goal until he was successful, that was the first time we thought something might be wrong.
It took me a while to believe myself, because I thought there was no way these guys would ever do something like this. Here we have the proof, if you see how he gestures for the ball all the time and then makes a bad pass, several times with real intention. Of course, (he says he’s innocent) now they might find out what they have been doing.
Watch the evidence of match fixing against Ramez Dayoub below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...