See how the backpages have torn into Yaya Toure for his Man CIty exit threat for birthday snub [Pictures]
- May 20, 2014
A wild Tuesday in the life of Yaya Toure shows no sign of abating on Wednesday.
The Sun’s incredible exclusive that Yaya Toure was considering his Manchester City future after he was offended by the club’s respect given to him on his birthday, turned out to be completely true.
Yaya’s agent Dimitry Seluk took to Sky Sports on Tuesday to reiterate the accuracy of the birthday snub point of tension, as well as saying that his client is 50/50 to be at the Etihad at the start of the season.
A move back to Barcelona was was tabled as a possibility for the Ivorian international.
The papers have reacted to the Yaya Toure revelations on their backpages on Wednesday, and the feedback isn’t great for the Man City midfielder.
The headlines “A Toure de Farce” and “Ha Ha Toure – Birthday boy Yaya is a City laughing stock” sum up the reaction nicely.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...