See how the backpages have torn into Yaya Toure for his Man CIty exit threat for birthday snub [Pictures]
A wild Tuesday in the life of Yaya Toure shows no sign of abating on Wednesday.
The Sun’s incredible exclusive that Yaya Toure was considering his Manchester City future after he was offended by the club’s respect given to him on his birthday, turned out to be completely true.
Yaya’s agent Dimitry Seluk took to Sky Sports on Tuesday to reiterate the accuracy of the birthday snub point of tension, as well as saying that his client is 50/50 to be at the Etihad at the start of the season.
A move back to Barcelona was was tabled as a possibility for the Ivorian international.
The papers have reacted to the Yaya Toure revelations on their backpages on Wednesday, and the feedback isn’t great for the Man City midfielder.
The headlines “A Toure de Farce” and “Ha Ha Toure – Birthday boy Yaya is a City laughing stock” sum up the reaction nicely.
Watch Live Stream
- Pep Guardiola was happy with Man City’s response v Celtic (Video)September 28, 2016
- Best Tweets as Celtic and Manchester City produce epic 3-3 in Champions LeagueSeptember 28, 2016
- Moussa Dembele stuns Manchester City with opening goal (Video)September 28, 2016
- Celtic v Man City: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 28, 2016
- Listen to the complete, crazy rant from Yaya Toure’s agent towards Pep Guardiola (BBC Audio)September 25, 2016
- Dimitri Seluk at it again, says Pep Guardiola treats players like dogs [Tweet]September 23, 2016
- Yaya Toure is allowed to leave Man City for one of their title rivals in January [Guardian]September 21, 2016
- ‘Money-hungry’ Pep Guardiola told Yaya Toure he was leaving Barcelona for a ‘sh*t team’ in 2010September 21, 2016