Sebastien Pocognoli sent off for Karate Kick on Hannover debut v Wolfsburg
- January 27, 2013
Belgian defender Sebastien Pocognoli endured a miserable debut for Hannover on Saturday, just five days after signing from Standard Liege.
The 25-year-old left back launched a Karate Kick, in true Nigel De Jong-style, on Wolfsburg right back Fagner and received his marching orders from referee Gunter Perl.
It was just 34 minutes into Sebastien Pocognoli’s first match for Hannover.
Hannover, 1-0 up at the time, brushed off the loss of Pocognoli, to win 2-1 against Wolfsburg as they leap frogged a bunch of teams to go 9th in the Bundesliga.
Fagner did complete the 90 minutes. Pocognoli may need a little more time to win over the home fans at the AWD-Arena.
Footage of Sebastien Pocognoli’s Karate Kick on Fagner is on the video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi