Seattle Sounders coach expects DeAndre Yedlin’s move to Spurs to be announced today
- August 13, 2014
As is now standard at Seattle Sounders press conferences, the first question posed to coach Sigi Schmid on Tuesday was regarding the future of right back DeAndre Yedlin.
The USA defender was in London last week to take a medical and finalise his move to Tottenham, off the back of a stellar World Cup for Jurgen Klinsmann’s side.
Yedlin will not join up with Spurs straight away but instead looks set to remain with Seattle until the end of the MLS season.
The highly-rated 21-year-old right back has not been playing for Seattle whilst negotiations drag on but Schmid confirms that the deal is very close and it looks set to be announced some time on Wednesday.
Seattle face Chicago Fire in a US Open Cup match on Wednesday evening and Yedlin is expected to play once the move to Tottenham is confirmed.
As a fast and robust full back, Yedlin looks well suited to Mauricio Pochettino’s style of play. For now though, with Kyle Walker injured, it appears that Kyle Naughton will start the season for Spurs…
Schmid’s answer regarding Yedlin is at the very start of the video above.
- Done Deal: After interest from Aston Villa, ex-Man United striker Dimitar Berbatov head...
- Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust release statement questioning summer transfer activity
- Rating the starting XIs of the Premier League top 6, ft. Chelsea & Arsenal (video)
- Everton celebrate Aaron Lennon’s signing from Spurs with a YouTube montage
- Tottenham Tweet denial over Heung-Min Son’s position on their website
- Spurs midfielder Mousa Dembele will be fit for next game despite scare v Everton [Tweet]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...