Seattle Sounders coach expects DeAndre Yedlin’s move to Spurs to be announced today
- August 13, 2014
As is now standard at Seattle Sounders press conferences, the first question posed to coach Sigi Schmid on Tuesday was regarding the future of right back DeAndre Yedlin.
The USA defender was in London last week to take a medical and finalise his move to Tottenham, off the back of a stellar World Cup for Jurgen Klinsmann’s side.
Yedlin will not join up with Spurs straight away but instead looks set to remain with Seattle until the end of the MLS season.
The highly-rated 21-year-old right back has not been playing for Seattle whilst negotiations drag on but Schmid confirms that the deal is very close and it looks set to be announced some time on Wednesday.
Seattle face Chicago Fire in a US Open Cup match on Wednesday evening and Yedlin is expected to play once the move to Tottenham is confirmed.
As a fast and robust full back, Yedlin looks well suited to Mauricio Pochettino’s style of play. For now though, with Kyle Walker injured, it appears that Kyle Naughton will start the season for Spurs…
Schmid’s answer regarding Yedlin is at the very start of the video above.
- Real Madrid v Tottenham
- Spurs flop Roberto Soldado to sign for Villarreal in €17m move this week [AS]
- Vlad Chiricheș starts training with Napoli following move from Spurs
- Tottenham have €10million bid for striker Clinton N’Jie rejected, Lyon want €20mi...
- Tottenham Hotspur are to open talks with Stuttgart for striker Timo Werner [Telegraph]
- Judas: Spurs fan responds to Sol Campbell’s quote that Arsenal were better in eve...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi