- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Seattle Sounders coach expects DeAndre Yedlin’s move to Spurs to be announced today
As is now standard at Seattle Sounders press conferences, the first question posed to coach Sigi Schmid on Tuesday was regarding the future of right back DeAndre Yedlin.
The USA defender was in London last week to take a medical and finalise his move to Tottenham, off the back of a stellar World Cup for Jurgen Klinsmann’s side.
Yedlin will not join up with Spurs straight away but instead looks set to remain with Seattle until the end of the MLS season.
The highly-rated 21-year-old right back has not been playing for Seattle whilst negotiations drag on but Schmid confirms that the deal is very close and it looks set to be announced some time on Wednesday.
Seattle face Chicago Fire in a US Open Cup match on Wednesday evening and Yedlin is expected to play once the move to Tottenham is confirmed.
As a fast and robust full back, Yedlin looks well suited to Mauricio Pochettino’s style of play. For now though, with Kyle Walker injured, it appears that Kyle Naughton will start the season for Spurs…
Schmid’s answer regarding Yedlin is at the very start of the video above.
- Updated: August 13, 2014