- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
Seattle Sounders coach confirms DeAndre Yedlin move to Spurs is close
Reports emerged at the end of last week that Tottenham were close to signing USA right back DeAndre Yedlin.
On Sunday, Seattle Sounders beat Houston Dynamo 2-0 in the MLS and after the game coach Sigi Schmid confirmed that DeAndre Yedlin’s move to Spurs is close.
Yedlin was in London last week and has now returned to Seattle, all confirmed by Schmid on the video above in his post-game press conference.
The 21-year-old right back played no part in Seattle’s win over Houston and “his situation is very close” according to Schmid.
Seattle did not want to play Yedlin in case the defender picked up an injury to scupper the move to Tottenham.
There were reports last week that Yedlin would be loaned back to Seattle by Spurs until the end of the MLS season in December.
The fact he did not appear against Houston and the news that Kyle Walker looks likely to miss the first month of the season with a pelvic injury suggests Tottenham may be hoping to integrate the Team America player quickly.
- Updated: August 11, 2014