Seattle Sounders coach confirms DeAndre Yedlin move to Spurs is close
- August 11, 2014
Reports emerged at the end of last week that Tottenham were close to signing USA right back DeAndre Yedlin.
On Sunday, Seattle Sounders beat Houston Dynamo 2-0 in the MLS and after the game coach Sigi Schmid confirmed that DeAndre Yedlin’s move to Spurs is close.
Yedlin was in London last week and has now returned to Seattle, all confirmed by Schmid on the video above in his post-game press conference.
The 21-year-old right back played no part in Seattle’s win over Houston and “his situation is very close” according to Schmid.
Seattle did not want to play Yedlin in case the defender picked up an injury to scupper the move to Tottenham.
There were reports last week that Yedlin would be loaned back to Seattle by Spurs until the end of the MLS season in December.
The fact he did not appear against Houston and the news that Kyle Walker looks likely to miss the first month of the season with a pelvic injury suggests Tottenham may be hoping to integrate the Team America player quickly.
- Vlad Chiricheș starts training with Napoli following move from Spurs
- Tottenham have €10million bid for striker Clinton N’Jie rejected, Lyon want €20mi...
- Tottenham Hotspur are to open talks with Stuttgart for striker Timo Werner [Telegraph]
- Judas: Spurs fan responds to Sol Campbell’s quote that Arsenal were better in eve...
- Watch Dele Alli impress for Tottenham v MLS All Stars (Individual highlights)
- Sol Campbell: Arsenal were better than Spurs in every way, Sepp Blatter has done a lot ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi