- Martin Odegaard takes part in first senior Real Madrid training session [Video]
- Mino Raiola prepares for summer bidding war over Paul Pogba [Graphic]
- Frank Lampard & Sergio Aguero score beautiful free kicks in Man City training [Video]
- Fernando Torres v Neymar at half-time of Atletico-Barcelona [video]
- Best Memes: Arda Turan throws his boot at a linesman during Atletico v Barcelona [Video]
Seattle Sounders coach confirms DeAndre Yedlin move to Spurs is close
Reports emerged at the end of last week that Tottenham were close to signing USA right back DeAndre Yedlin.
On Sunday, Seattle Sounders beat Houston Dynamo 2-0 in the MLS and after the game coach Sigi Schmid confirmed that DeAndre Yedlin’s move to Spurs is close.
Yedlin was in London last week and has now returned to Seattle, all confirmed by Schmid on the video above in his post-game press conference.
The 21-year-old right back played no part in Seattle’s win over Houston and “his situation is very close” according to Schmid.
Seattle did not want to play Yedlin in case the defender picked up an injury to scupper the move to Tottenham.
There were reports last week that Yedlin would be loaned back to Seattle by Spurs until the end of the MLS season in December.
The fact he did not appear against Houston and the news that Kyle Walker looks likely to miss the first month of the season with a pelvic injury suggests Tottenham may be hoping to integrate the Team America player quickly.
- Updated: August 11, 2014