Seattle Sounders coach confirms DeAndre Yedlin move to Spurs is close
- August 11, 2014
Reports emerged at the end of last week that Tottenham were close to signing USA right back DeAndre Yedlin.
On Sunday, Seattle Sounders beat Houston Dynamo 2-0 in the MLS and after the game coach Sigi Schmid confirmed that DeAndre Yedlin’s move to Spurs is close.
Yedlin was in London last week and has now returned to Seattle, all confirmed by Schmid on the video above in his post-game press conference.
The 21-year-old right back played no part in Seattle’s win over Houston and “his situation is very close” according to Schmid.
Seattle did not want to play Yedlin in case the defender picked up an injury to scupper the move to Tottenham.
There were reports last week that Yedlin would be loaned back to Seattle by Spurs until the end of the MLS season in December.
The fact he did not appear against Houston and the news that Kyle Walker looks likely to miss the first month of the season with a pelvic injury suggests Tottenham may be hoping to integrate the Team America player quickly.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...