Seattle Sounders coach confirms DeAndre Yedlin move to Spurs is close
- August 11, 2014
Reports emerged at the end of last week that Tottenham were close to signing USA right back DeAndre Yedlin.
On Sunday, Seattle Sounders beat Houston Dynamo 2-0 in the MLS and after the game coach Sigi Schmid confirmed that DeAndre Yedlin’s move to Spurs is close.
Yedlin was in London last week and has now returned to Seattle, all confirmed by Schmid on the video above in his post-game press conference.
The 21-year-old right back played no part in Seattle’s win over Houston and “his situation is very close” according to Schmid.
Seattle did not want to play Yedlin in case the defender picked up an injury to scupper the move to Tottenham.
There were reports last week that Yedlin would be loaned back to Seattle by Spurs until the end of the MLS season in December.
The fact he did not appear against Houston and the news that Kyle Walker looks likely to miss the first month of the season with a pelvic injury suggests Tottenham may be hoping to integrate the Team America player quickly.
- New Spurs striker Heung-Min Son gives first interview since move (Video)
- Europa League Draw: Liverpool & Tottenham get relatively easy groups
- Spurs confirm signing of Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen
- Tottenham’s Emmanuel Adebayor is set to have a medical with West Ham today [Talks...
- EPL enhanced offers!!! 5/1 Arsenal to beat Newcastle, 6/1 Spurs v Everton & Real M...
- Fan footage: Ex-Spurs man Paulinho hits a 40-yard free kick golazo for Guangzhou Evergr...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...