Screw you Sepp! Ronaldo celebrates 1st goal v Sevilla with “Commander Celebration”
“The other one (Ronaldo) is something else. He is like a commander on the field of play. (Blatter then mock marches around the stage and receives a round of applause). This is the other side of football and it’s good to have commanders on the field. They don’t have the same attitude and that gives life to football. One has more expenses for the hairdresser than the other but that doesn’t matter. I can’t say who is the best – there will be a contest again this year at the Ballon d’Or. I like both of them, but I prefer Messi.” – Sepp Blatter to the Oxford Union.
On the one hand, everyone knows Sepp Blatter is a fool and even if Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo didn’t like his comments, the bottom line is the FIFA president doesn’t vote for the Ballon d’Or winner.
However, quite why Blatter launched such an attack on Ronaldo and his character is a shocking indictment on a man well out of touch with the modern game.
Cristiano Ronaldo launched his own fightback on Facebook yesterday and then took his frustrations out on Sevilla with a stunning hat-trick in a 7-3 rout.
His opener came on the half hour when he could have allowed Gareth Bale to claim his first La Liga hat-trick but Ronaldo was having none of it.
Once the penalty was dispatched, Ronaldo brought out the “Commander Celebration” that will likely go into football folklore.
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s story on Sir Alex Ferguson giving him compassionate leave at ...
- Cristiano Ronaldo has a laugh with Fabio Coentrao in Portugal training (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are best friends in hilarious spoof (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up about Sir Alex Ferguson hairdryer treatment at Man United
- David Beckham compares former Man United and Real Madrid teammates (Video)
- Mutiny in Madrid? Real boss Rafa Benitez has had run ins Sergio Ramos, Cristiano Ronald...
- Manchester United legend David Beckham reveals his toughest ever opponent (Video)
- Mistake? El Confidencial suggest Karim Benzema should have left Real Madrid to join Ars...