- Watch Lionel Messi watch his Barcelona tribute for becoming La Liga top goal scorer
- AC Milan v Inter Milan: Watch a live stream of the Derby della Madonnina – available in UK
- Liverpool linked to £10m bid for Norwich’s Nathan Redmond in the Sunday Star [Picture]
- Superfan Claude doesn’t think Gunners will make top 4 after Man United loss [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Mario Balotelli turns up at the boxing, surely out of Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Scouting a No.7? Man United coach Phil Neville watched Ronaldo from the stands (Portugal v Holland) [Mail]
According to the Daily Mail, Manchester United coaches Phil Neville and Steve Round were sent on a special scouting mission last night, as they sat i in the stands to see Portugal draw with Holland last night.
Neville and Round were at the Algarve Stadium to see Real Madrid starCristiano Ronaldo score a late equaliser as his side drew 1-1 with Robin van Persie’s Holland in Faro.
Of course, Cristiano Ronaldo hardly requires scouting, and they could have been there to watch any of the 22 players on show; but intriguingly, since Antonio Valencia gave it up last week due to the pressure and burden, United have kept the No.7 shirt vacant, with just two days to go before the new season starts.
And Ronaldo would obviously be a fitting suitor.
Many have forwarded Wilfried Zaha as the worthy heir to the number, but with no mention of Zaha from United, this now looks unlikely.
Could United really leave their iconic number 7 shirt vacant this season, or are they waiting to bring a worthy heir in?
Below are Ronaldo’s individual highlights in Portgual’s 1-1 draw with Holland last night, in which he scored the equaliser.
[gthumb id="344162" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: August 15, 2013