Scouting a No.7? Man United coach Phil Neville watched Ronaldo from the stands (Portugal v Holland) [Mail]
- August 15, 2013
According to the Daily Mail, Manchester United coaches Phil Neville and Steve Round were sent on a special scouting mission last night, as they sat i in the stands to see Portugal draw with Holland last night.
Neville and Round were at the Algarve Stadium to see Real Madrid starCristiano Ronaldo score a late equaliser as his side drew 1-1 with Robin van Persie’s Holland in Faro.
Of course, Cristiano Ronaldo hardly requires scouting, and they could have been there to watch any of the 22 players on show; but intriguingly, since Antonio Valencia gave it up last week due to the pressure and burden, United have kept the No.7 shirt vacant, with just two days to go before the new season starts.
And Ronaldo would obviously be a fitting suitor.
Many have forwarded Wilfried Zaha as the worthy heir to the number, but with no mention of Zaha from United, this now looks unlikely.
Could United really leave their iconic number 7 shirt vacant this season, or are they waiting to bring a worthy heir in?
Below are Ronaldo’s individual highlights in Portgual’s 1-1 draw with Holland last night, in which he scored the equaliser.
[gthumb id=”344162″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...