Scouting a No.7? Man United coach Phil Neville watched Ronaldo from the stands (Portugal v Holland) [Mail]
- August 15, 2013
According to the Daily Mail, Manchester United coaches Phil Neville and Steve Round were sent on a special scouting mission last night, as they sat i in the stands to see Portugal draw with Holland last night.
Neville and Round were at the Algarve Stadium to see Real Madrid starCristiano Ronaldo score a late equaliser as his side drew 1-1 with Robin van Persie’s Holland in Faro.
Of course, Cristiano Ronaldo hardly requires scouting, and they could have been there to watch any of the 22 players on show; but intriguingly, since Antonio Valencia gave it up last week due to the pressure and burden, United have kept the No.7 shirt vacant, with just two days to go before the new season starts.
And Ronaldo would obviously be a fitting suitor.
Many have forwarded Wilfried Zaha as the worthy heir to the number, but with no mention of Zaha from United, this now looks unlikely.
Could United really leave their iconic number 7 shirt vacant this season, or are they waiting to bring a worthy heir in?
Below are Ronaldo’s individual highlights in Portgual’s 1-1 draw with Holland last night, in which he scored the equaliser.
[gthumb id=”344162″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...