- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
- Rio Ferdinand dresses as Santa, tells people not to drink too much over Christmas [Instagram]
- The FIFA 2015 HONEST trailer is Awesome!!! [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s Christmas message features some cracking recent Man United goals!
- Neymar bleaches his beard white for Christmas!
Scouse Wit! Liverpool Kop ask Suarez ‘What the f**king hell was that?’ after Row Z free-kick v Hull
The Anfield Kop is one of, if not the most storied terraces in English football, seen by many as the birthplace of football chanting as we know it today, dating back to the Shankly era.
And the Kop showed their legendary Scouse wit on New Year’s Day with some in-joke banter with their idol Luis Suarez.
El Pistolero, who’d already scored earlier in the game, blazed a late free-kick high and wide into row Z in the final minutes of the win over Hull, which provoked a brilliant, instantaneous reaction from the Kop:
‘What the fucking hell was that?’
Both Suarez and manager Brendan Rodgers caught the chant and cracked up at the brilliant Kop banter.
You gotta love the Scouse humour!
- Updated: January 2, 2014