Scouse Wit! Liverpool Kop ask Suarez ‘What the f**king hell was that?’ after Row Z free-kick v Hull
- January 2, 2014
The Anfield Kop is one of, if not the most storied terraces in English football, seen by many as the birthplace of football chanting as we know it today, dating back to the Shankly era.
And the Kop showed their legendary Scouse wit on New Year’s Day with some in-joke banter with their idol Luis Suarez.
El Pistolero, who’d already scored earlier in the game, blazed a late free-kick high and wide into row Z in the final minutes of the win over Hull, which provoked a brilliant, instantaneous reaction from the Kop:
‘What the fucking hell was that?’
Both Suarez and manager Brendan Rodgers caught the chant and cracked up at the brilliant Kop banter.
You gotta love the Scouse humour!
- Man United and Arsenal stars make up the bulk of Michael Owen’s Dream Team XI [Vi...
- How Liverpool could play a 3-4-3 formation next season [Graphic, the Observer]
- Liverpool’s Emre Can rejects Ginter’s criticism after going out for pizza d...
- Southampton’s Nathaniel Clyne photographed after completing Liverpool medical [Pi...
- Steven Gerrard welcomed by less than 10 LA Galaxy fans upon USA arrival [Video]
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi