Scouse Wit! Liverpool Kop ask Suarez ‘What the f**king hell was that?’ after Row Z free-kick v Hull
- January 2, 2014
The Anfield Kop is one of, if not the most storied terraces in English football, seen by many as the birthplace of football chanting as we know it today, dating back to the Shankly era.
And the Kop showed their legendary Scouse wit on New Year’s Day with some in-joke banter with their idol Luis Suarez.
El Pistolero, who’d already scored earlier in the game, blazed a late free-kick high and wide into row Z in the final minutes of the win over Hull, which provoked a brilliant, instantaneous reaction from the Kop:
‘What the fucking hell was that?’
Both Suarez and manager Brendan Rodgers caught the chant and cracked up at the brilliant Kop banter.
You gotta love the Scouse humour!
- Man United target Anthony Martial likes playing FIFA with Liverpool [Tweets]
- Liverpool & Sunderland fans make plenty of jokes on Fabio Borini’s potential...
- Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic presented at Fenerbahce after completing loan move
- Dejan Lovren deletes his Instagram account after abuse from Liverpool fans (Tweets)
- Slaven Bilic tries to explain West Ham’s incredible away form this season
- Chelsea & Liverpool lose, Kamara gets the giggles: Best of Soccer Saturday (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...