Schalke want to sign €8m Emmanuel Adebayor from Tottenham [Bild]
- August 30, 2013
The top story on Bild’s website on Friday is that Schalke want to sign Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor.
Thursday was a bust day for Schalke after the club gave the green light for Finnish star Teemu Pukki to move to Celtic for 2.5 million euros, but that impending transfer has left Schalke short of firepower up-top.
Cue rumours that the Bundesliga outfit could move for Tottenham’s out-of-favour centre-forward.
Adebayor, 29, has yet to feature for Spurs this season, and with the arrival of Roberto Soldado, the Togolese forward is now unlikely to feature much for Andre Villas-Boas’ team this season.
Schalke, who will participate in this season’s Champions League in the same group as Chelsea, are looking to swell their attacking options with Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Adam Szalai leading their line.
Bild claim that the stumbling block for Schalke is money.
Spurs want 8 million euros for Adebayor, which is a fee above what the Germans are willing to pay. Alternatively the German paper suggests that Schalke would be interested in loaning Adebayor for the 2013-14 season.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]