- DeAndre Yedlin gets UK work permit, expected to start with Spurs in January [MLS Soccer]
- Lovely! Carlos Tevez rolls Koulibaly with beautiful dummy to score second for Juve v Napoli [Videos]
- Fergie on Jose Mourinho: ‘It’s not fair, he’s too good looking! Like George Clooney now!’ [Video]
- Shocking! Dad and kids kicked out of Villa Park for celebrating Falcao’s goal in Family Stand
- Cesc Fabregas: ‘This season Barça are Messi + 10 others; he’s saving them in many games’ [Radio Marca]
Scenes! Didier Drogba posts Instagram video of Ivory Coast celebrating reaching the World Cup
Dear football Gods: Don’t put Ivory Coast in the World Cup Group of Death again. Please!
In 2006, the Ivory Coast golden generation were lumped into Group C with Argentina, Holland and Serbia & Montenegro.
The 2010 World Cup saw Ivory Coast placed with Brazil, Portugal and North Korea.
Both times, Ivory Coast finished third and the likes of Didier Drogba, Yaya Toure and Gervinho were forced to leave the biggest football tournament on earth early.
In 2014, the likes of Drogba and Kolo Toure are facing one last chance in Brazil but the World Cup will undoubtedly be a better competition with Ivory Coast in it.
The Elephants made it to Brazil with a 4-2 aggregate win over Senegal but it was a little nervy on Saturday night when they were losing 1-0 away with 13 minutes remaining.
In the end, Salomon Kalou’s injury time leveller started the party which you can see a little of below.
Drogba posted the video along with the following message: “Mission accomplie!!!!!! Brasil here we come”.
- Updated: November 17, 2013