- Honorary Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer on Liverpool target Shaqiri: ‘He can probably go’
- “We’re gonna win the CL”: Man City fan says Yaya Toure must be benched after 3-2 win v Bayern [Video]
- Joe Rothwell finished a beautiful Man United U21 team move last night [Vine & GIF]
- Arsene Wenger explains why Olivier Giroud is not on Arsenal CL squad list
- Individual Highlights: Ander Herrera (Man United U21s) v Blackburn
Scenes! Didier Drogba posts Instagram video of Ivory Coast celebrating reaching the World Cup
Dear football Gods: Don’t put Ivory Coast in the World Cup Group of Death again. Please!
In 2006, the Ivory Coast golden generation were lumped into Group C with Argentina, Holland and Serbia & Montenegro.
The 2010 World Cup saw Ivory Coast placed with Brazil, Portugal and North Korea.
Both times, Ivory Coast finished third and the likes of Didier Drogba, Yaya Toure and Gervinho were forced to leave the biggest football tournament on earth early.
In 2014, the likes of Drogba and Kolo Toure are facing one last chance in Brazil but the World Cup will undoubtedly be a better competition with Ivory Coast in it.
The Elephants made it to Brazil with a 4-2 aggregate win over Senegal but it was a little nervy on Saturday night when they were losing 1-0 away with 13 minutes remaining.
In the end, Salomon Kalou’s injury time leveller started the party which you can see a little of below.
Drogba posted the video along with the following message: “Mission accomplie!!!!!! Brasil here we come”.
- Updated: November 17, 2013