Scenes! Didier Drogba posts Instagram video of Ivory Coast celebrating reaching the World Cup
- November 17, 2013
Dear football Gods: Don’t put Ivory Coast in the World Cup Group of Death again. Please!
In 2006, the Ivory Coast golden generation were lumped into Group C with Argentina, Holland and Serbia & Montenegro.
The 2010 World Cup saw Ivory Coast placed with Brazil, Portugal and North Korea.
Both times, Ivory Coast finished third and the likes of Didier Drogba, Yaya Toure and Gervinho were forced to leave the biggest football tournament on earth early.
In 2014, the likes of Drogba and Kolo Toure are facing one last chance in Brazil but the World Cup will undoubtedly be a better competition with Ivory Coast in it.
The Elephants made it to Brazil with a 4-2 aggregate win over Senegal but it was a little nervy on Saturday night when they were losing 1-0 away with 13 minutes remaining.
In the end, Salomon Kalou’s injury time leveller started the party which you can see a little of below.
Drogba posted the video along with the following message: “Mission accomplie!!!!!! Brasil here we come”.
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba gets flak and possibly a fine for refusing to talk to the ...
- Individual highlights of Chelsea legend Didier Drogba’s MLS debut for Montreal Im...
- Montreal Impact publish extended video of Didier Drogba’s incredible welcome (Video)
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba got an unbelievable fan reception at Montreal airport (Fan...
- MLS side Montreal Impact announce the signing of Didier Drogba (Video)
- Ex Chelsea forward Didier Drogba reveals he is in talks to join the MLS [FCInter1908]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...