- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Scenes! Corinthians fans unfurl a giant banner (‘bandeirão’) on a plane to Japan
The Club World Cup is shining a light on Corinthians’ incredible fans.
A week ago, when the Corinthians players boarded a plane at Guarulhos international airport in Brazil to head to Japan, incredible scenes were captured as 15,000 of the club’s supporters flooded the airport to give their players a wonderful send-off. (See here.)
A week on, and a handful of Corinthians’ fans are now making their way to Asia for the tournament, and the fabulous support is continuing unabated.
In that regard one flight in particular has drawn attention as it saw a group of Corinthians fans unfurling a giant banner, a ‘bandeirão’, inside a plane amid wild cheering and singing.
Corinthians play Al Ahly in the semifinals on Wednesday.
Watch the excellent Corinthians fans on the plane below.
- Updated: December 11, 2012