“Saviour” Robin van Persie keeps David Moyes his Man United job, for now [Thursday’s Paper Pictures]
- March 19, 2014
Manchester United’s victory over Olympiakos dominates the backpages of the papers on Thursday.
As may have been expected, pictures of Robin van Persie cover all the main sports pages, while the headline writers have attached words including “saviour” and “rescue” in their titles.
A section of the fifth estate, however, show that they still unconvinced by David Moyes’ tenure at Old Trafford overall by turning the narrative into the win being a temporary stop-gap for United’s woes rather than the beginning of a new chapter.
In that regard, The Sun headline their splash with “They can’t sack moy now”, while The Times following a similar tone splashing with “Van Persie gives Moyes time”.
See the backpages of Thursday’s papers below.
- Ex Man United boss David Moyes believes Pedro will need time to become a star at Chelse...
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...