- The Top 10 Youngsters in World Football 2014 [Video]
- Lionel Messi’s insanely brilliant control for 2nd goal v Cordoba [GIF + video]
- Amazing! Jonas Gutierrez makes his Newcastle comeback for the under-21s v West Ham [Pictures]
- Harry Kane has now equalled last season’s top goal scorer at Spurs [Graphic]
- Supposed Arsenal & Man United target Christoph Kramer signs a new Bayer Leverkusen deal
“Saviour” Robin van Persie keeps David Moyes his Man United job, for now [Thursday's Paper Pictures]
Manchester United’s victory over Olympiakos dominates the backpages of the papers on Thursday.
As may have been expected, pictures of Robin van Persie cover all the main sports pages, while the headline writers have attached words including “saviour” and “rescue” in their titles.
A section of the fifth estate, however, show that they still unconvinced by David Moyes’ tenure at Old Trafford overall by turning the narrative into the win being a temporary stop-gap for United’s woes rather than the beginning of a new chapter.
In that regard, The Sun headline their splash with “They can’t sack moy now”, while The Times following a similar tone splashing with “Van Persie gives Moyes time”.
See the backpages of Thursday’s papers below.
- Updated: March 19, 2014