“Saviour” Robin van Persie keeps David Moyes his Man United job, for now [Thursday’s Paper Pictures]
- March 19, 2014
Manchester United’s victory over Olympiakos dominates the backpages of the papers on Thursday.
As may have been expected, pictures of Robin van Persie cover all the main sports pages, while the headline writers have attached words including “saviour” and “rescue” in their titles.
A section of the fifth estate, however, show that they still unconvinced by David Moyes’ tenure at Old Trafford overall by turning the narrative into the win being a temporary stop-gap for United’s woes rather than the beginning of a new chapter.
In that regard, The Sun headline their splash with “They can’t sack moy now”, while The Times following a similar tone splashing with “Van Persie gives Moyes time”.
See the backpages of Thursday’s papers below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...