“Saviour” Robin van Persie keeps David Moyes his Man United job, for now [Thursday’s Paper Pictures]
- March 19, 2014
Manchester United’s victory over Olympiakos dominates the backpages of the papers on Thursday.
As may have been expected, pictures of Robin van Persie cover all the main sports pages, while the headline writers have attached words including “saviour” and “rescue” in their titles.
A section of the fifth estate, however, show that they still unconvinced by David Moyes’ tenure at Old Trafford overall by turning the narrative into the win being a temporary stop-gap for United’s woes rather than the beginning of a new chapter.
In that regard, The Sun headline their splash with “They can’t sack moy now”, while The Times following a similar tone splashing with “Van Persie gives Moyes time”.
See the backpages of Thursday’s papers below.
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Man United’s away record under Louis van Gaal is much worse than under David Moye...
- Watch how David Moyes & Unai Emery reacted to Real Sociedad 4 – Sevilla 3 [v...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi