- PLONKER! Arsenal fan arrested for throwing red wine at Man United’s bench
- Manuel Neuer at it again! Pulls off Cruyff turn v Hoffenhein [official video]
- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
“Saviour” Robin van Persie keeps David Moyes his Man United job, for now [Thursday's Paper Pictures]
Manchester United’s victory over Olympiakos dominates the backpages of the papers on Thursday.
As may have been expected, pictures of Robin van Persie cover all the main sports pages, while the headline writers have attached words including “saviour” and “rescue” in their titles.
A section of the fifth estate, however, show that they still unconvinced by David Moyes’ tenure at Old Trafford overall by turning the narrative into the win being a temporary stop-gap for United’s woes rather than the beginning of a new chapter.
In that regard, The Sun headline their splash with “They can’t sack moy now”, while The Times following a similar tone splashing with “Van Persie gives Moyes time”.
See the backpages of Thursday’s papers below.
- Updated: March 19, 2014