- Tite reveals Ancelotti wants to sign Cruzeiro’s Lucas Silva for Real, Perez wants Marco Reus
- TV cameras missed violent punch-up between City’s Vincent Kompany & Bayern’s Franck Ribery [Eurosport]
- Borussia Dortmund trained in London’s Regent’s Park before the Arsenal game [Pictures]
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Unfair to single out Steven Gerrard, he’s carried this club’ [Video]
- Liverpool fan channels call for Steven Gerrard to be returned to Number 10 role [Video]
Sasho Alexandrov (Cherno More Varna) handed 6 match ban for body checking a referee!
The big football news coming out of Bulgaria today is that Cherno More Varna defender Sasho Alexandrov has been banned for six matches by the BFU for taking down a referee in the 4-0 cup defeat to Levski Sofia on Sunday.
Alexandrov was shown a straight red card in the 74th minute for taking down the official after Levski had gone 3-0 up.
According to reports, and this is likely to come as no surprise, Alexandrov is known for his aggressive style on the pitch and frequently gets into arguments with referees.
After the match, Alexandrov who has also been fined 2,500 levs ($1,700) said: “I apologise to the referee, it was not on purpose, I was ashamed when he fell.”
Watch the incident on the video below.
Video via @James_Dart.
- Updated: December 4, 2012