Sasho Alexandrov (Cherno More Varna) handed 6 match ban for body checking a referee!
- December 4, 2012
The big football news coming out of Bulgaria today is that Cherno More Varna defender Sasho Alexandrov has been banned for six matches by the BFU for taking down a referee in the 4-0 cup defeat to Levski Sofia on Sunday.
Alexandrov was shown a straight red card in the 74th minute for taking down the official after Levski had gone 3-0 up.
According to reports, and this is likely to come as no surprise, Alexandrov is known for his aggressive style on the pitch and frequently gets into arguments with referees.
After the match, Alexandrov who has also been fined 2,500 levs ($1,700) said: “I apologise to the referee, it was not on purpose, I was ashamed when he fell.”
Watch the incident on the video below.
Video via @James_Dart.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”265160″]
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]