Sao Paulo’s Alvaro Pereira knocked out by a flaceplant v Criciuma, but he crazily plays on
- August 4, 2014
Uruguayan defender Alvaro Pereira never seems too far away from a horrible head injury.
One of the nastier injuries during the 2014 World Cup came in the match between England and Uruguay, as Alvaro Pereira was laid out cold after Raheem Sterling’s knee slammed into his temple.
Fast forward to this weekend, and Alvaro Pereira again had supporters fearing the worst when he was knocked out during Sao Paulo’s match with Criciuma.
On this occasion the defender’s problems developed after he fell flat on his face having wrestled possession off a Criciuma opponent.
Immediately after slamming his face on the turf, Pereira appeared to lose consciousness, and within seconds medical staff had rushed on the pitch to check out the player.
Eventually Pereira was carted off the surface by medics, but, in another move that leaves fans wondering when football will take concussion seriously, the player soon regain his composure as he came back on the pitch.
See the scary footage above.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...