Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni tried to kick Valdivia after he scored for Palmeiras
Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni is far too experienced, far too wily for this to have been an accident.
Palmeiras turned over Sao Paulo 2-0 in the Campeonato Paulista on Sunday night, and Valdivia put the hosts ahead from a first half free-kick.
Palmeiras’ Chilean playmaker got the lightest of touches to head home a set-play into the near post, and during his goal celebration he was almost hacked by goalie Rogerio Ceni.
As Valdivia ran across Ceni’s path after sticking the ball in the net, the 41-year-old goalie stuck out his left leg in a clear attempt to trip the goalscorer. Fortunately, for the keeper’s sake, he was a fraction late on his delivery and Valdivia never saw the incident for matters to get out of control.
Watch the footage below.
Watch Live Stream
- As good as done: Man City & Palmeiras agree terms for Gabriel Jesus [Globo]August 3, 2016
- Gabriel Jesus admits that a deal is done with Manchester City [Fox Sports Brazil]July 28, 2016
- Man United set to bid €38m for Gabriel Jesus, attempt to gazump Man City [Globo Esporte]July 26, 2016
- Manchester United move in on signing Gabriel Jesus [Gazeta Esportiva]July 23, 2016
- At the age of 26, Brazilian star Ganso finally moves to Europe to join Sevilla [AS]July 13, 2016
- Alexandre Pato’s Chelsea career ends today, confusion over Corinthians return [UOL Esporte]June 30, 2016
- Spurs have a verbal agreement to sign Sao Paulo striker Jonathan Calleri, claims dad [Yahoo Brasil]May 23, 2016
- Ganso & Jonathan Calleri combined for an amazing Sao Paulo goal v Botafogo (Video)March 24, 2016