Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni tried to kick Valdivia after he scored for Palmeiras
- February 3, 2014
Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni is far too experienced, far too wily for this to have been an accident.
Palmeiras turned over Sao Paulo 2-0 in the Campeonato Paulista on Sunday night, and Valdivia put the hosts ahead from a first half free-kick.
Palmeiras’ Chilean playmaker got the lightest of touches to head home a set-play into the near post, and during his goal celebration he was almost hacked by goalie Rogerio Ceni.
As Valdivia ran across Ceni’s path after sticking the ball in the net, the 41-year-old goalie stuck out his left leg in a clear attempt to trip the goalscorer. Fortunately, for the keeper’s sake, he was a fraction late on his delivery and Valdivia never saw the incident for matters to get out of control.
Watch the footage below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]