Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni tried to kick Valdivia after he scored for Palmeiras
- February 3, 2014
Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni is far too experienced, far too wily for this to have been an accident.
Palmeiras turned over Sao Paulo 2-0 in the Campeonato Paulista on Sunday night, and Valdivia put the hosts ahead from a first half free-kick.
Palmeiras’ Chilean playmaker got the lightest of touches to head home a set-play into the near post, and during his goal celebration he was almost hacked by goalie Rogerio Ceni.
As Valdivia ran across Ceni’s path after sticking the ball in the net, the 41-year-old goalie stuck out his left leg in a clear attempt to trip the goalscorer. Fortunately, for the keeper’s sake, he was a fraction late on his delivery and Valdivia never saw the incident for matters to get out of control.
Watch the footage below.
- Cruzeiro’s Vanderlei Luxemburgo wiped out v Palmeiras (Videos)
- Palmeiras striker Jonathan Cristaldo produces pass of the season v Sao Paulo [Video]
- Dudu does a Di Canio, Palmeiras man barges into the ref after hash red card [Video]
- Ref uses vanishing spray to graffiti Alex De Souza’s name on the grass during his...
- Palmeiras attacker Robinho scores brilliant long range goal v Sao Paulo [videos]
- Palmeiras’ Robinho scored a picture perfect free-kick v Capivariano [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...