Santos striker Willian Jose has announced he is moving to Real Madrid [UOL Esporte]
22-year-old Brazilian striker Willian Jose has announced he is leaving Santos to join Real Madrid, report UOL Esporte.
Willian Jose is likely to join Real Madrid’s B team to begin with, while the striker has voiced his goal of trying to break into the Real first team like fellow Brazilian Casemiro.
William Jose has been quoted saying:
My aim is to be like Casimir, who gained experience [in the B team] and then broke into the senior squad. It’s a great opportunity for my career and I hope to make the best use of it.
Real Madrid are a club of global prominence, and they have some of the best players in the history of football. It will be an honor to wear this shirt.
A collection of goals from Santos striker Willian Jose from last season in Brazil are below.
Watch Live Stream
- Mino Raiola confirms Real Madrid wanted to sign Man United’s Paul Pogba [Telefoot]August 28, 2016
- Atletico Madrid offered Real Madrid €70m for Alvaro Morata [AS]August 28, 2016
- Spurs fans get seriously giddy with excitement about Isco [Tweets]August 28, 2016
- Tottenham hoping to land a Real Madrid playmaker [Mirror]August 28, 2016
- Man United to gazump Leicester in the race for a Brazilian star [Sun]August 16, 2016
- Leicester make an offer for Santos starlet Gabigol [Guardian]August 10, 2016
- Leicester tipped to move for Gabigol by Brazilian pressAugust 9, 2016
- Chelsea to meet the Santos president to hash out the Thiago Maia deal [Evening Standard]August 9, 2016