Sandro posted a sweet message to Heurelho Gomes as keeper leaves Spurs
Heuerlho Gomes’ Tottenham career is over, confirmed by a sweet message from fellow Brazilian Sandro on Instagram late on Monday night.
The Brazilian keeper, nicknamed The Octopus, played a key role in getting Tottenham into the Champions League in season 2009/2010.
But, Gomes struggled in the following campaign and was eventually replaced as Tottenham’s first choice goalkeeper the following season by Brad Friedel.
Gomes never once publicly complained about being second or third choice at Tottenham and his professionalism has been praised by Tottenham fans.
Sandro posted the picture above on Instagram with the following tag line message:
“I would like to thank this amazing professional, @hdgomes but most important, this amazing man for everything he has done for me during these 4 years! Today it was his last day, but I’ve gained a brother for the rest of my life! I will truly miss you… Obrigado IRMÃO”
Watch Live Stream
- Tony Pulis confirms West Brom are working on loan deal for QPR’s Sandro (Video)January 29, 2016
- QPR midfielder Sandro shows off his hidden guitar talent to Soccer am (Video)January 26, 2016
- Sandro (QPR U21s) sent off for grabbing Bristol City youngster by the neck [Video]February 24, 2015
- Harry Redknapp backs Tim Sherwood to get the best out of Sandro at QPR [Audio]February 4, 2015
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016