Sandro posted a sweet message to Heurelho Gomes as keeper leaves Spurs
- May 13, 2014
Heuerlho Gomes’ Tottenham career is over, confirmed by a sweet message from fellow Brazilian Sandro on Instagram late on Monday night.
The Brazilian keeper, nicknamed The Octopus, played a key role in getting Tottenham into the Champions League in season 2009/2010.
But, Gomes struggled in the following campaign and was eventually replaced as Tottenham’s first choice goalkeeper the following season by Brad Friedel.
Gomes never once publicly complained about being second or third choice at Tottenham and his professionalism has been praised by Tottenham fans.
Sandro posted the picture above on Instagram with the following tag line message:
“I would like to thank this amazing professional, @hdgomes but most important, this amazing man for everything he has done for me during these 4 years! Today it was his last day, but I’ve gained a brother for the rest of my life! I will truly miss you… Obrigado IRMÃO”
- Sandro (QPR U21s) sent off for grabbing Bristol City youngster by the neck [Video]
- Harry Redknapp backs Tim Sherwood to get the best out of Sandro at QPR [Audio]
- Gaizka Mendieta, Didi Hamann and QPR midfielder Sandro speak about Brazil legend Ronaldo
- Erik Lamela posts Instagram picture with former Spurs midfielder Sandro
- Harry Redknapp says QPR’s Sandro injured his knee celebrating a goal in training ...
- Harry Redknapp surprised Spurs sold Sandro to QPR for £5m less than Zenit offered [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi