Sandro opens up about Tim Sherwood spat: “Everyone loves me at Tottenham, it is my home.”
- April 22, 2014
Brazilian midfielder Sandro was much talked about on Saturday lunchtime despite not playing any part in Tottenham’s 3-1 win over Fulham.
Despite returning from injury, Tim Sherwood did not utilise Sandro in his matchday squad for the victory over the Cottagers and “The Beast” sent a Tweet before kick off explaining that he was fit and available.
After the game, Sherwood said that Sandro was not picked due to form in training, so it will come as no surprise that Brazilian portal Lancenet were keen to bag an interview with the Spurs enforcer.
Sandro said: “I quietly received the news… I respect him, I have nothing against him, let him speak. I will continue working quietly, I’m a professional. I have to work. Everyone loves me at Tottenham, it is my home.”
The Beast also discussed rumours (in Brazil?) that Arsenal fans would like him to come to the Emirates: “I’m happy here at Tottenham. If the rival supporters want me to go to their team, I think I’m doing a good job and being recognised. Not only rivals, ours too, just have to thank the fans of Tottenham, they are very dear to me. We have three games and need to work.”
Also on the Lancenet article, is some words from Sandro’s agent Luiz Paulo Chignall, who does hint at some interest from other European teams in the Spurs midfielder…
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...