Samuel Eto’o says he wants to work with Jose Mourinho again at Chelsea
- August 12, 2013
Quotes emerging from the mouth of Cameroon’s serial goal scorer Samuel Eto’o could be very encouraging for Chelsea fans this Monday evening.
Eto’o is currently the highest paid player in world football at Russian club Anzhi who are now undergoing something of a fire sale due to financial problems.
According to Russian reports, Eto’o is the one player Anzhi want to keep but if Chelsea offer big money and can agree personal terms with the former Barcelona and Inter Milan striker, they could well get their man.
Eto’o has fanned the flames with quotes doing the rounds, saying he is keen to play under Jose Mourinho again.
“There is only one Jose Mourinho. I have played under a lot of great coaches but there is no other character in the game like Jose,” Eto’o said.
Before adding: “He is one of the best coaches in the world – and we had a lot of success together at Inter. I would like to have the chance to play under him again – because it is never boring when Jose is around.”
Finally, Eto’o said: “Of course Chelsea are a great team – and when we have all the offers on the table then I will discuss with my agent and see what my next step is.”
Fellow reports in Italy have suggested Mourinho has been in contact with Eto’o for much of the past weekend, attempting to convince him to join Chelsea.
Will Chelsea pay big money to bring in a 32-year-old?
And, what would this mean for Wayne Rooney, who reportedly wants to leave Manchester United for Chelsea?
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi