Samuel Eto’o admits he should have been sent off for challenge on Jordan Henderson (Chelsea 2 – Liverpool 1)
Chelsea’s 2-1 win over Liverpool must have been the most incident packed game of the season so far.
A couple of days later, the back pages are still full of conjecture about the performance of Howard Webb although Liverpool fans will not appreciate the fact that Samuel Eto’o gave an “exclusive interview” to The Sun newspaper.
Eto’o said: “Maybe I should have been sent off. But I’m not the referee. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we must respect decisions from the officials. During the match in the first moments, the game was passionate on both sides, but people know I’m not violent. I was really sad to see Jordan on the floor – I want to take this opportunity to say sorry.”
The Cameroon striker continued: “There are days where I’m the one who gets kicked – it’s football and can happen unfortunately. But my only intention was to defend and prevent my team from conceding a goal, nothing else. It wasn’t to take out an opponent.”
Eto’o also added his thoughts on the Luis Suarez penalty claim: “The ref did his job. He was two metres from us. We can’t all be the ref and it’s easy for people to talk when they are far away. Yes, there was contact – but I didn’t commit a foul.”
And, the Chelsea striker also suggested that Howard Webb, is “not one of the best referees – he is the best in the world!”
Video of the Eto’o-Henderson incident, which came in just the second minute of Chelsea 2 – Liverpool 1 is below. Followed by a host of the other contentious issues in the game.
Followed by today’s back page from The Sun.
Watch Live Stream
- Kurt Zouma updates Chelsea fans with good news [Instragram Video]May 26th, 2016
- Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek bags superb brace in 4-0 England U21 win (Official Highlights)May 26th, 2016
- Hilarious: Chelsea target Romelu Lukaku gets brilliantly pranked in Belgium training (Video)May 26th, 2016
- Ex Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wants to bring £60m rated Willian to Man United [Sun]May 25th, 2016
- Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson gives fans tips on how to turn pro (Video)May 18th, 2016
- Liverpool men Jurgen Klopp & Jordan Henderson star in new Nivea ad (Video)May 9th, 2016
- England Euro 2016 boosts for Arsenal & Liverpool midfielders [Sunday Telegraph]May 7th, 2016
- “Really bad news” – Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp gives Jordan Henderson injur...April 7th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Marko Grujic reveals some bad news on SnapChatMay 26th, 2016
- Mixed reports on whether Liverpool have actually bid for Lorient’s Raphael GuerreiroMay 26th, 2016
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge urges Mario Gotze to leave amid Liverpool interestMay 26th, 2016
- Martin Skrtel’s days at Liverpool are almost certainly over, confirms agentMay 25th, 2016