Samir Nasri’s red card at Norwich: Right or Wrong?
- December 29, 2012
Manchester City produced a stirring result for their title hopes, winning 4-3 at Norwich despite the red card handed out to Samir Nasri.
The French playmaker was sent off in the 44th minute, with Roberto Mancini’s side 2-1 to the good thanks to Edin Dzeko’s early brace.
Nasri was harshly taken out on the halfway line and then squared up to Sebastien Bassong who had fouled him.
Both players looked to go head to head and the Manchester City midfielder will no doubt be very disappointed to be sent off when Bassong only received a yellow card.
But, some will argue, including presumably referee Mike Jones, that Nasri made a motion to head butt Bassong which is why he received his marching orders.
Watch the video below and the GIF above, then have your say in the comments.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...