- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Samir Nasri’s girlfriend Anara Atanes says her tweet “f**k France” wasn’t aimed at “nation as a whole” [Tweets]
For the second day running, Samir Nasri’s girlfriend Anara Atanes has taken to Twitter to talk about the France World Cup squad.
To recap, Premier League winner Samir Nasri was the biggest named player left off the Les Bleus roster for Brazil, and when that news was confirmed on Tuesday night, Nasri’s girlfriend cursed like sailor on the social network.
Anara Atanes wrote “Fuck France, Fuck Deschamps, what a shit manager!”
Twenty-four hours later, Nasri’s other half has tried to clarify her statement from the day before.
In a semi-retraction, she tweeted “I apologize if i offended anyone from france, My tweets were not aimed at the nation as a whole.”
Right. So her message was directed at just Didier Deschamps and the French FA. Glad that’s cleared up then.
- Updated: May 14, 2014