Samir Nasri calls Arsenal fans “Stupid” ahead of Community Shield
As if Gooners needed another reason to hate Samir Nasri.
A number of the Sunday back pages feature quotes from the French midfielder ahead of the Community Shield match on Sunday, between Arsenal and Manchester City.
Nasri will almost certainly be booed by Arsenal fans at Wembley having left the club three years ago, to win trophies at Manchester Ciy.
The Sunday Telegraph, Star Sunday and Independent on Sunday, all carry the “stupid” quotes from Nasri.
He says: “The abuse doesn’t affect me on the pitch, I just think it’s stupid. I’m not an Arsenal fan, I am not from London. If we want to be honest, we are players who look at what is in the the best interests for us and our career.”
Nasri continues: “When Manchester City came, it was the best choice for me to come here. And today I have won trophies, I am really happy, I have everything and I have a better life. If the fans can’t move on then it’s too bad. But me, I am not trying to have a problem with that. They do what they have to do, they love their club, maybe they saw it as treason or that I betrayed them. But it’s not that. I’m not like that. I just look at for what’s best for me; and that’s what Bacary Sagna did, Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Toure.”
The Manchester City midfielder did not stop there: “Fans think it must be for the money. But it’s not just the money. Ok, it’s a factor, it’s important nowadays. But if someone earns 200 (thousand) a week or 150 or 100 a week, it’s not going to make a difference or an impact on your life, so that’s not true. I am in debt to Arsene Wenger at Arsenal. If I am this player today, it is because of him. But I don’t need to explain myself, what I have done with Manchester City should be enough and I don’t have to point to it all the time.”
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal fans react to news Serge Gnabry may join Bayern Munich [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Bayern Munich plan to sign Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry [Sky Germany]August 30, 2016
- Paraguayan international Miguel Almiron talks about joining ArsenalAugust 30, 2016
- Juventus become bookies’ favourites to sign Jack Wilshere on loan [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Man City’s Sergio Aguero ruled out of Argentina internationals due to injuryAugust 29, 2016
- Man City starlet Ian Carlo Poveda scores twice v Liverpool U18 in a rout (Instagram Video)August 29, 2016
- Man City fans prove Sergio Aguero didn’t connect with elbow & Andre Marriner saw incidentAugust 29, 2016
- Chelsea fans take to social media to slam Man City’s Sergio AgueroAugust 29, 2016
- Samir Nasri admits he could leave Man City, but not being forced out by Pep (Video)August 28, 2016
- Three Italian clubs are interested in signing Man City’s ‘overweight’ midfielder Samir Nasri [Express]August 11, 2016
- Man City’s Samir Nasri stars in an Instagram video that shows drugs & women in Las VegasAugust 7, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola admits Samir Nasri is overweight & discusses John Stones (Video)July 28, 2016