Samir Nasri announces “good news” on Twitter that he’ll only be out for 8 weeks after his injury at Newcastle
Thank you everyone for your kind words and overwhelming support, i suppose its kind of good news that i will be out around 8 weeks
— Samir Nasri Official (@SamNasri19) January 13, 2014
It’s good news Manchester City fans.
Samir Nasri took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to announce the result of his scans following his nasty looking injury at Newcastle on Sunday.
Samir tweeted: “Thank you everyone for your kind words and overwhelming support, i suppose its kind of good news that i will be out around 8 weeks.”
The news came will come as a big relief after many feared the French international would not only miss the rest of the season, but also the World Cup, after he was cynically fouled by Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa in City’s 2-0 win at St James’ Park.
The uplifting prognosis for Nasri comes after the midfielder was pictured pulling some comedy faces on crutches earlier in the day on his way for his medical examination.
Pictures of Samir Nasri on crutches on Monday are below, together with a Vine video of the original incident.
Watch Live Stream
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- Man City keeper Joe Hart makes unbelievable stop in England training (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Man United & Man City to fight it out for £45m rated John Stones [M.E.N]May 25th, 2016
- Martin Demichelis picks more Man United than Man City players in dream 5-a-side team (Video)May 25th, 2016
- FPL managers go mad as Sergio Aguero is not awarded assist for 2nd Man City goal v WBA [Tweets]April 9th, 2016
- Model Anara Atunes shouts out Samir Nasri after his Man City winner v West Brom [Instagram]April 9th, 2016
- Gael Clichy posts a bromance pressing video from Man City training (Video)March 31st, 2016
- Blue Steel: Twitter makes fun of Samir Nasri’s Manchester City-inspired ‘Blue Do’February 27th, 2016