Samir Nasri announces “good news” on Twitter that he’ll only be out for 8 weeks after his injury at Newcastle
- January 13, 2014
Thank you everyone for your kind words and overwhelming support, i suppose its kind of good news that i will be out around 8 weeks
— Samir Nasri Official (@SamNasri19) January 13, 2014
It’s good news Manchester City fans.
Samir Nasri took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to announce the result of his scans following his nasty looking injury at Newcastle on Sunday.
Samir tweeted: “Thank you everyone for your kind words and overwhelming support, i suppose its kind of good news that i will be out around 8 weeks.”
The news came will come as a big relief after many feared the French international would not only miss the rest of the season, but also the World Cup, after he was cynically fouled by Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa in City’s 2-0 win at St James’ Park.
The uplifting prognosis for Nasri comes after the midfielder was pictured pulling some comedy faces on crutches earlier in the day on his way for his medical examination.
Pictures of Samir Nasri on crutches on Monday are below, together with a Vine video of the original incident.
- Manchester City contradict Manuel Pellegrini by selling Marcos Lopes to Monaco
- Man City boss Manuel Pellegrini remains tight-lipped on Kevin De Bruyne deal (Video)
- Peter Schmeichel’s priceless reaction to being told he has affinity with Manchest...
- Rio Ferdinand: Man City, more than Chelsea, seem primed for a good season in the Champi...
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Done Deal: Man City sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg for a fee of at least €80m [Bild]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...