Samir Nasri announces “good news” on Twitter that he’ll only be out for 8 weeks after his injury at Newcastle
Thank you everyone for your kind words and overwhelming support, i suppose its kind of good news that i will be out around 8 weeks
— Samir Nasri Official (@SamNasri19) January 13, 2014
It’s good news Manchester City fans.
Samir Nasri took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to announce the result of his scans following his nasty looking injury at Newcastle on Sunday.
Samir tweeted: “Thank you everyone for your kind words and overwhelming support, i suppose its kind of good news that i will be out around 8 weeks.”
The news came will come as a big relief after many feared the French international would not only miss the rest of the season, but also the World Cup, after he was cynically fouled by Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa in City’s 2-0 win at St James’ Park.
The uplifting prognosis for Nasri comes after the midfielder was pictured pulling some comedy faces on crutches earlier in the day on his way for his medical examination.
Pictures of Samir Nasri on crutches on Monday are below, together with a Vine video of the original incident.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City table pong challenge: Gael Clichy v Fabian Delph (video)December 7, 2016
- Celtic fan gets arrested in Manchester for one of the stupidest ever reasonsDecember 7, 2016
- Who is Phil Foden? Man City name 16-year-old in UCL squad vs CelticDecember 6, 2016
- Watch Willian’s goal for Chelsea at Man City from the perfect angle (video)December 6, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal man William Gallas feared he would be tasered by Samir Nasri’s entourage (Video)November 20, 2016
- Pep Guardiola laughs off Samir Nasri’s sex ban claim with great lineNovember 19, 2016
- Samir Nasri tells all about Man City boss Pep Guardiola, including his sex curfewNovember 15, 2016
- It looks like Samir Nasri is cutting ties with Manchester City and wants to stay at SevillaNovember 2, 2016