- Hull to sign Malmo keeper Robin Olsen for free [Fotbollskanalen]
- Worst Xmas present! Borussia Dortmund fan gets a toaster which makes Bayern bread [Pictures]
- Corinthians intensify effort to sign Spurs’ Paulinho, player’s wife being pregnant a factor [Globo]
- Celtic to fend off offers from Arsenal & Liverpool for defender Virgil van Dijk [Scotsman]
- “He is a player of United!” LVG rules out loan move for Adnan Januzaj
Samir Nasri announces “good news” on Twitter that he’ll only be out for 8 weeks after his injury at Newcastle
Thank you everyone for your kind words and overwhelming support, i suppose its kind of good news that i will be out around 8 weeks
— Samir Nasri Official (@SamNasri19) January 13, 2014
It’s good news Manchester City fans.
Samir Nasri took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to announce the result of his scans following his nasty looking injury at Newcastle on Sunday.
Samir tweeted: “Thank you everyone for your kind words and overwhelming support, i suppose its kind of good news that i will be out around 8 weeks.”
The news came will come as a big relief after many feared the French international would not only miss the rest of the season, but also the World Cup, after he was cynically fouled by Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa in City’s 2-0 win at St James’ Park.
The uplifting prognosis for Nasri comes after the midfielder was pictured pulling some comedy faces on crutches earlier in the day on his way for his medical examination.
Pictures of Samir Nasri on crutches on Monday are below, together with a Vine video of the original incident.
- Updated: January 13, 2014