Samir Nasri announces “good news” on Twitter that he’ll only be out for 8 weeks after his injury at Newcastle
Thank you everyone for your kind words and overwhelming support, i suppose its kind of good news that i will be out around 8 weeks
— Samir Nasri Official (@SamNasri19) January 13, 2014
It’s good news Manchester City fans.
Samir Nasri took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to announce the result of his scans following his nasty looking injury at Newcastle on Sunday.
Samir tweeted: “Thank you everyone for your kind words and overwhelming support, i suppose its kind of good news that i will be out around 8 weeks.”
The news came will come as a big relief after many feared the French international would not only miss the rest of the season, but also the World Cup, after he was cynically fouled by Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa in City’s 2-0 win at St James’ Park.
The uplifting prognosis for Nasri comes after the midfielder was pictured pulling some comedy faces on crutches earlier in the day on his way for his medical examination.
Pictures of Samir Nasri on crutches on Monday are below, together with a Vine video of the original incident.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne is injured, will miss Man United gameOctober 25, 2016
- Rap Battle: Pep Guardiola vs Jose Mourinho (video)October 25, 2016
- Man United v Man City: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 25, 2016
- Ilkay Gundogan gets a birthday cake from Man City fan, Yaya Toure won’t be happy [Tweet]October 24, 2016
- Mad Stat: Sevilla’s Samir Nasri is turning into Barcelona’s XaviOctober 19, 2016
- Samir Nasri arrives in Sevilla ahead of a loan move from Manchester City [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Man City’s Samir Nasri plans to reject Besiktas & move to Spain instead [L’Equipe]August 30, 2016
- Samir Nasri admits he could leave Man City, but not being forced out by Pep (Video)August 28, 2016