- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
- PSV confirm they’ve had a telephone call from Man United about Memphis Depay
- Shay Given credits Tim Sherwood after FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool [Video]
- Pellegrini glad to see his Manchester City side bounce back with win over West Ham [Video]
- Jamie Carragher takes dig at Raheem Sterling on Twitter & berates Liverpool’s recruitment policy
Sami Khedira: “Mesut Ozil makes Arsenal the best team in England” [Sunday Mirror]
- October 6, 2013
Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira is the latest Los Blancos player to bemoan the departure of Mesut Ozil to Arsenal and suggest the German playmaker can guide the Gunners to Premier League title success.
Khedira, who played with Ozil at the Bernabeu and appears alongside him in the Germany national team, was full of praise in an interview published in the Sunday Mirror today.
He is quoted as saying: “Arsenal had a strong team anyway, but Mesut makes them the best team in England. I am sure he can be the player that makes things happen for them and win them the championship. Mesut is a genius on the field, there is no other way to describe him.
Khedira added: “Of course, there was some disappointment among the players at Madrid because he is the best in his position in the world. But I understand his decision as a player and also as my friend. He is already playing amazing football for Arsenal and he hasn’t even got used to the Premier League yet.”
Finally, the Real Madrid defensive midfielder said: “There is a real German influence now, with Per Metersacker, Lukas Podolski, Mesut and also younger players coming through. They are the sort of players Arsenal need if they are to win trophies.”
And, Matt Law in the Sunday Mirror hints at an Arsenal move for Khedira, “Khedira will have 18 months remaining on his contract in the January window and the opportunity to reunite Ozil with his old colleague has not been lost on the Arsenal hierarchy.”
[gthumb id=”362063″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]