- Bolton boss Neil Lennon explains signing Emile Heskey, may play on Boxing Day v Blackburn [Audio]
- Union Berlin hosts 27,500 fans singing Christmas carols in their stadium [Video]
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
Sami Khedira makes €9m per year wages demand to Arsenal, if not accepted will remain at Real Madrid [Sexta]
Arsenal’s negotiations for Sami Khedira have reached a sticking point with Real Madrid.
Spanish journalist Jose Luis Sanchez of La Sexta has updated the situation, reporting that the German World Cup winner has demanded 9 million euros per year from the Gunners, a vertiginous amount given Arsenal’s famously tight wage structure.
Sanchez says that if Arsenal don’t accept, Khedira will stay at Madrid for one more year, and leave for free next summer.
Will Wenger be willing to break with Arsenal’s wage restrictions, and make an allowance to bring in the much-needed defensive midfielder?
Khedira le ha pedido 9 millones de euros al Arsenal. Si no acepta, terminará su contrato y se marchará libre en 2015 con prima de fichaje.
— José Luis Sánchez (@JLSanchez78) July 25, 2014
- Updated: July 26, 2014