Sami Khedira makes €9m per year wages demand to Arsenal, if not accepted will remain at Real Madrid [Sexta]
Arsenal’s negotiations for Sami Khedira have reached a sticking point with Real Madrid.
Spanish journalist Jose Luis Sanchez of La Sexta has updated the situation, reporting that the German World Cup winner has demanded 9 million euros per year from the Gunners, a vertiginous amount given Arsenal’s famously tight wage structure.
Sanchez says that if Arsenal don’t accept, Khedira will stay at Madrid for one more year, and leave for free next summer.
Will Wenger be willing to break with Arsenal’s wage restrictions, and make an allowance to bring in the much-needed defensive midfielder?
Khedira le ha pedido 9 millones de euros al Arsenal. Si no acepta, terminará su contrato y se marchará libre en 2015 con prima de fichaje.
— José Luis Sánchez (@JLSanchez78) July 25, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Alexis Sanchez labelled the third best South American in the EPL after Liverpool & Man City starsDecember 5, 2016
- Chelsea & Arsenal stars join two Baggies in the BBC’s team of the weekDecember 5, 2016
- Arsenal set to make incredible bid for Cesc Fabregas [Sunday Express]December 4, 2016
- Jamie Carragher claims Manchester United boss Mourinho is turning into nemesis WengerDecember 4, 2016
- Sergio Ramos’ hero’s welcome from the Real Madrid dressing room after El Clasico (Video)December 4, 2016
- Leo Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo shared a bromantic moment during El Clasico (video)December 4, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo suffers more homophobic abuse from Barcelona crowd during El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Martin Odegaard needs to be applauded for his financial ethicsDecember 4, 2016