Sami Khedira makes €9m per year wages demand to Arsenal, if not accepted will remain at Real Madrid [Sexta]
Arsenal’s negotiations for Sami Khedira have reached a sticking point with Real Madrid.
Spanish journalist Jose Luis Sanchez of La Sexta has updated the situation, reporting that the German World Cup winner has demanded 9 million euros per year from the Gunners, a vertiginous amount given Arsenal’s famously tight wage structure.
Sanchez says that if Arsenal don’t accept, Khedira will stay at Madrid for one more year, and leave for free next summer.
Will Wenger be willing to break with Arsenal’s wage restrictions, and make an allowance to bring in the much-needed defensive midfielder?
Khedira le ha pedido 9 millones de euros al Arsenal. Si no acepta, terminará su contrato y se marchará libre en 2015 con prima de fichaje.
— José Luis Sánchez (@JLSanchez78) July 25, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal v Basel: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin pictured in leg brace at hospitalSeptember 26, 2016
- Arsenal old boy Andrey Arshavin scored a stunner in Kazakhstan (Video)September 26, 2016
- Ref Michael Oliver tracked back quicker than Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante v ArsenalSeptember 26, 2016
- Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane opens up about reported rift with Cristiano RonaldoSeptember 26, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo cursed Zidane on bench; Details of dressing room row also revealedSeptember 26, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s huff continued long after being subbed off v Las Palmas (Video)September 25, 2016