Sam Allardyce questions Louis van Gaal-inspired ‘3-5-2 fad’ [Video]
Often seen as a bit of a dinosaur figure in English football due to his primitive tactics, West Ham boss Sam ‘Allardici’ isn’t one for 4-2-3-1 or Christmas Tree formations.
Big Sam is of the old school, an acolyte of the POMO philosophy – just get it up to the big lad and into the mixer.
So it’s no surprise that he has little time for all the hype around ‘tactical genius’ Louis van Gaal, whose every change and move was purred over by the commentariat during the World Cup.
Van Gaal likes to give pride of place to the system, slotting his players into his favoured 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation, which Big Sam reckons is a fallacy, saying you need to more adaptable, and put a system in place that makes the best of the players available to you, and not the other way around.
The Manchester United – West Ham fixtures are gonna be fun this season.
Watch Live Stream
- Former Man United boss Louis van Gaal looks set for a return to Bundesliga [Reports]September 22, 2016
- Louis van Gaal ‘cried like a baby’ in front of his players after he was sacked by Barcelona [Quotes]September 17, 2016
- Christophe Dugarry pretended to cry to leave Louis van Gaal’s ‘living hell’ at BarcelonaSeptember 16, 2016
- Man United’s compensation package for sacking Louis van Gaal is revealedSeptember 12, 2016
- Big Sam insists Wayne Rooney was ‘excellent’ (Video), England fans think otherwise [Tweets]September 4, 2016
- Slovakia v England: World Cup qualifier preview, starting XI & predictionSeptember 3, 2016
- Fans displeased with Sam Allardyce’s first England line-up [Tweets]September 2, 2016
- Dele Alli eager to impress new England boss Sam Allardyce (Video)September 2, 2016