Sam Allardyce questions Louis van Gaal-inspired ‘3-5-2 fad’ [Video]
Often seen as a bit of a dinosaur figure in English football due to his primitive tactics, West Ham boss Sam ‘Allardici’ isn’t one for 4-2-3-1 or Christmas Tree formations.
Big Sam is of the old school, an acolyte of the POMO philosophy – just get it up to the big lad and into the mixer.
So it’s no surprise that he has little time for all the hype around ‘tactical genius’ Louis van Gaal, whose every change and move was purred over by the commentariat during the World Cup.
Van Gaal likes to give pride of place to the system, slotting his players into his favoured 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation, which Big Sam reckons is a fallacy, saying you need to more adaptable, and put a system in place that makes the best of the players available to you, and not the other way around.
The Manchester United – West Ham fixtures are gonna be fun this season.
Watch Live Stream
- Jesse Lingard calls Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho a ‘really chill guy’ (Video)August 17, 2016
- Jose Mourinho may have a point about ex-Man United boss mistreating Januzaj (Video)August 13, 2016
- Ryan Giggs backs ex-Man United boss Louis van Gaal for the England job on ITV (Video)June 30, 2016
- Ander Herrera discusses Manchester United career so far & Jose Mourinho appointment [Marca]May 31, 2016
- Sunderland release rather bitter statement as Sam Allardyce quits for EnglandJuly 22, 2016
- Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce appointed England manager by the FA [Quotes]July 22, 2016
- Best Twitter Reaction as Big Sam Allardyce is set to be announced as new England bossJuly 20, 2016
- Big Sam Suplexing 1 Direction’s Niall Horan is the most Big Sam thing ever (Video)June 5, 2016