Sam Allardyce questions Louis van Gaal-inspired ‘3-5-2 fad’ [Video]
- August 15, 2014
Often seen as a bit of a dinosaur figure in English football due to his primitive tactics, West Ham boss Sam ‘Allardici’ isn’t one for 4-2-3-1 or Christmas Tree formations.
Big Sam is of the old school, an acolyte of the POMO philosophy – just get it up to the big lad and into the mixer.
So it’s no surprise that he has little time for all the hype around ‘tactical genius’ Louis van Gaal, whose every change and move was purred over by the commentariat during the World Cup.
Van Gaal likes to give pride of place to the system, slotting his players into his favoured 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation, which Big Sam reckons is a fallacy, saying you need to more adaptable, and put a system in place that makes the best of the players available to you, and not the other way around.
The Manchester United – West Ham fixtures are gonna be fun this season.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...