Sam Allardyce questions Louis van Gaal-inspired ‘3-5-2 fad’ [Video]
Often seen as a bit of a dinosaur figure in English football due to his primitive tactics, West Ham boss Sam ‘Allardici’ isn’t one for 4-2-3-1 or Christmas Tree formations.
Big Sam is of the old school, an acolyte of the POMO philosophy – just get it up to the big lad and into the mixer.
So it’s no surprise that he has little time for all the hype around ‘tactical genius’ Louis van Gaal, whose every change and move was purred over by the commentariat during the World Cup.
Van Gaal likes to give pride of place to the system, slotting his players into his favoured 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation, which Big Sam reckons is a fallacy, saying you need to more adaptable, and put a system in place that makes the best of the players available to you, and not the other way around.
The Manchester United – West Ham fixtures are gonna be fun this season.
Watch Live Stream
- Gerard Pique recalls the time when Louis van Gaal pushed him to the ground when he was 12 (Video)October 14, 2016
- Man United number 7 Memphis Depay takes aim at Louis van Gaal in new interview [MetroNieuws]October 4, 2016
- Former Man United boss Louis van Gaal looks set for a return to Bundesliga [Reports]September 22, 2016
- Louis van Gaal ‘cried like a baby’ in front of his players after he was sacked by Barcelona [Quotes]September 17, 2016
- Sam Allardyce could make Sunderland return if takeover goes through [The Sun]October 20, 2016
- You have to feel sorry for Big Sam Allardyce getting England sack after Scott McGarvey’s reveleationsOctober 13, 2016
- It seems Wayne Rooney didn’t lose much sleep over Big Sam’s England sackingOctober 6, 2016
- Incredible story about St George’s Park Wifi further exposes Big Sam’s enormous egoOctober 4, 2016