- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
- Rio Ferdinand dresses as Santa, tells people not to drink too much over Christmas [Instagram]
Saddending and disturbing pictures of Gazza as he returns to hospital for alcohol treatment
Poor Paul Gascoigne has fallen off the wagon again.
The one-time star of English football has struggled with alcoholism throughout his life, a problem which has gone from bad to worse in his post-football life.
Said to be clean for over a year since his last detox rehab visit, Gazza was found lying outside his house with a bottle of gin on Thursday.
Still just 47, the pictures of Gazza being escorted to an ambulance are sad and disturbing; the man looks like a walking zombie and badly in need of serious help.
- Updated: August 21, 2014